Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Debating a Quick-Air compressor

Old 04-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
Debating a Quick-Air compressor

I'm looking for a reliable fast compressor for airing up after airing down. I don't plan on running air lockers or tools. I like the Quick Air doesn't require installation, is portable and has a good rep. I can't say I'm enamored of the price but will pay for quality.

Read this thread that mentions the Pepboys option http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ssor-best.html

But that's all a search on Quick Air turned up.

Looking for more opinions and options.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
This is what you are looking for: http://www.viaircorp.com/

It's a matter of how long you want to wait on filling up tires. Lesser compressors will overheat and require periods of rest. So far, VIAIR is the only ones I hear about that are worth buying. If it wasn't for the whole burning up issue, I would be fine buying a cheap harbor freight unit.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to what I have been using for 4 years now, Well Kind of. I pulled it apart and mounted the compressor under the hood and the tank under the truck along with some hose and a different pressure switch. It kicks ass! 3.0 cfm at 90 psi. or you can just leave it all together and carry it in the bed but it is kind of big.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-HP-2-Gal-12-Vo...item5886fd3232

Sorry the first link was the wrong unit the one I use is the 1.5 gal 12 volt unit. Try that link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/12v-1-5-gal-air-...item5886fd5053
Old 04-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of the compressor mounted the tank and where the hose is stored. If you want air and don't want to stand around for an hour re inflating this is a good option.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input.

Still reading and there's lots of good things said about the Masterflow. Saw quite a few systems that tweak the masterflow portable into a mounted system to run tanks using ViAIR parts. Looks like a good first step that can grow later.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
This is a Heavy Duty Compressor that can handle airing up you tires, etc.

VIAIR 400P-A Compressor: $249.95 This portable 12v compressor is designed to handle heavy duty mobile pneumatic applications. This compressor flows 1.62cfm at 60psi, 1.27cfm at 100psi and has a maximum working pressure of 150psi. The compressor has a maximum amperage draw of 30 amps and a 33% duty cycle rating. This compressor is designed to be portable; it includes a gas station style Inflator/Deflator with quick disconnects and a large gauge, an 8ft power cord with battery clamps, a billet aluminum base plate, a 25' coiled hose and a deluxe heavy duty water resistant multi compartment carrying bag. The 400PA is an automatic version of the original 400P- it automatically shuts itself off when it obtains 150psi line pressure, and then turns on as needed during inflation. It's overall measurements are 11.22"X7.05"X3.94" and weight is 8 lbs.