Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

One windy and foggy Cleghorn afternoon - April 14, 2010

Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
One windy and foggy Cleghorn afternoon - April 11, 2010

I always wanted to hit the trails ever since the BFG MT KM2's were installed. I've been lurking around in this forum and TTORA to join the meets and runs. Unfortunately, the dates did not work for me.

After the sliders got mounted, I hit the trail last Sunday. I did not have time to contact TW members, so I went solo. Actually, a colleague of mine accompanied me but we were on the same vehicle. We were just running the fire roads until we met a couple of Jeep Cherokee's. We tag along with the jeeps, and yes, through the medium and hard sections. At the end of the day, the only casualty was my right rear mud flap. It was fun and exciting.

Here are some videos and photos of the experience. Enjoy...

Checking tire rubbing. Consequence of bigger tires.

The fire road.

The first obstacle

Poser shots

The weather was bad. No wonder we only saw these guys out there.

I had thoughts of going up there, but I did.

My buddy surveying the obstacle. The 3rd video shows this section.

The lake from a far.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Fun place to mess around and test mods out.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Looks good! Fun place to mess around and test mods out.
Yes, indeed. I tackled the obstacle with caution even knowing I already have the sliders. The extra lift and taller tires made a big difference.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #5

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
Nice Vid's!!!!! Looks like a good time!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Very nice!!!
Thanks to both of you.