Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

what is braking

Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
gearhead06 is on a distinguished road

Name: josh
gearhead06's Tacoma Gallery
what is braking

Well im trying to find guys with a 2gn tacome that takes if off roading to see what problems your having i have an 2007 tacoma with a 3" lift from toyteclifts.com with a set of 265/75r16 nitto terra grappler a/t...
thats all i have for now but this club and i thing you have to have is spare parts so im trying to find out whats braking and what i need to change or have spare parts for.... you know know of anything i should change or keep spares of plz let me know....

Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Drive smart and within ability's of your set up/experience and you will need nothing.
Thats no fun
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
What's braking? You are, providing you push down on that black pedal.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Thats no fun
Yeah, I love watching dumb asses destroy their vehicles. Especially when you see it coming a mile away and they just don't even have a clue. Then they get out of the truck like, "WTF?".
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Spelling, punctuation, and stop yelling please.

You'll get more assistance if you're easier to understand and your post is not a strain on the eyes.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

You'll get more assistance if you're easier to understand and your post is not a strain on the eyes.
+1
Old 04-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2

the huge font was not necessary, go and download yourself firefox it has a built in spell check.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
at least he didnt mis-spell "braking".
Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
at least he didnt mis-spell "braking".
"tacome"
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
honestly, to the OP; if you're gonna pack a bunch of parts to fix potential (broken) parts.. an on-board welder would be cool.

good luck. me? cell phone.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps he meant "breaking".
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I am confused as hell. Are you asking how a 3" lift will affect braking (and in turn ABS)?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you mean "baraking"?
as defined by urban dictionary:

The act of causing necessary change.
Usually followed by the motivational expression 'yes we can'.
The long-run effects of baraking are unknown to this day. Baraking is still mildly practiced across the world.

Then you will need to purchase some spidertrax wheel spacers if your going to go to a 285 tire in the future since your keeping your stock rims.
As for back up parts, a full size spare is a must!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
oh i get it. a good thing for you to have an extra of is a CV axle, and a full size spare tire.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #18
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead06 View Post
Well im trying to find guys with a 2gn tacome that takes if off roading to see what problems your having i have an 2007 tacoma with a 3" lift from toyteclifts.com with a set of 265/75r16 nitto terra grappler a/t...
thats all i have for now but this club and i thing you have to have is spare parts so im trying to find out whats braking and what i need to change or have spare parts for.... you know know of anything i should change or keep spares of plz let me know....

Thanks
WTF is this jumble?! I puked up 4oz of BM, that's how hard this made me strain.

Secondly, I refuse to even attempt to correct any of this.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #19

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
I puked up 4oz of BM
You puked up some Billy Mays?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #20
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You puked up some Billy Mays?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmNeO63xCnU