Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Mojave Road - April 2010

Old 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Mojave Road - April 2010

So, we do the Mojave Road run through the Mojave National Preserve, from Barstow to Stateline, about twice a year...

The spring time run was this past weekend... Would be cool to see some TW folks make the next run with us which will be in the fall...
Attached Thumbnails
Mojave Road - April 2010-img_0040a.jpg   Mojave Road - April 2010-img_0041a.jpg   Mojave Road - April 2010-img_0042a.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass... how long is the trip?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
sounds pretty sick camping, wheeling and beer
Old 04-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
On my family's last vacation, we drove out to the Kelso Railroad Station. It is literally in the middle of the desert. Did you go inside and read about it at all? It is pretty interesting.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an awesome time, if I was in Socal I would definitely have gone.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
So, we do the Mojave Road run through the Mojave National Preserve, from Barstow to Stateline, about twice a year...

The spring time run was this past weekend... Would be cool to see some TW folks make the next run with us which will be in the fall...
Hey man I was out there with TTORA Nevada chapter, on easter weekend doing the 3 day run as well, I might have seen you.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
can i have more trip details?

fireroads? stock vehicles cool? what about fuel? would love to take my wife on a trip like this.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
can i have more trip details?

fireroads? stock vehicles cool? what about fuel? would love to take my wife on a trip like this.
a lot of the trip is fire road, a lot of it is sand wash, and some of it is water crossing and mud pits...

it is a whole range of different terrain throughout the trip, which is a good reason not to go alone... take at least another truck with you so one of you can go for help if anything happens or someone gets stuck...

you want at least 5 extra gallons of gas with you, but 10 gallons gives you a lil more freedom to explore more...
Old 04-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. keep us posted on the fall run! i would love to go. hope it doesnt conflict with hunting season!

my wife would dig this.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
LT Chase Truck

The Fall run will likely be around the weekend of 9/18...

A couple of us will be doing a few runs into the Mojave Preserve and Death Valley every couple months, and you are welcome to roll out with us on those...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
adiablo420 is on a distinguished road
adiablo420's Tacoma Gallery
wow... I 've heard of those runs through the desert

My brothers boss goes through there on the rhino's and razor with a group of his... heard its really cool. I WOULD LOVE TO GO... You guy's are going to have to keep me posted...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
i never got a chance to go inside...

i was passing through on my way to camp and had to take a pit stop...
Sorry for the late response, oh I see.
Is this run just for you and your friends, or is it an open thing?
If you guys are still gonna be doing this next year(starting January), I may join you.(thats when I FINALLY get a truck)
Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #16
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
open to everyone of course. nothing private, well except if Mike climbs in your tent at night.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #18

hahaha alright, sounds awesome to me. But it's gonna be a while 'fore I could go.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #19
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. would like to run mojave someday