1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Citrus, Fl. trails.....advice?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by colinb17, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 [OP] If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    Hey all.

I will be returning to florida for school in early august, and wanted to plan a short camping trip with some of my friends to citrus wma to relax before classes start. i know a good number of you florida guys love the wheeling there. i'll deffinately be running the trails there, but i was wondering, if we were to spend 3 days there (2 nights), and onlt wheel one of the days, is ther enough to do there that time of year (fishing, hiking, etc) merrit another day and a half...or do you think we'll get bored if we are trying to find stuff other than wheeling to do? I could wheel all day for three days lol, but i know my friends who don't have trucks would get bored if we did it more than one whole day. so i'm just looking for some info on the park and some experiences, both wheeling and non-wheeling related.

also, how are the camp grounds? if i were to bring a small flatbed trailerwith camping gear (4x8 ft bed), if i locked it while out wheeling, sould it be safe at the camp site?

any and all info is much appreciated! i've seen all of the citrus meet threads, and am psyched to get over there.

-Colin

2. Apr 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    anyone :)

3. Apr 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    yeah man the its pretty nice out there ive been going for years now.
    the campgrounds are really nice(hot showers, electric, water). they are safe i wouldn't leave anything of great value just laying in plain sight(out of sight out of mind)
    as for stuff to do, there are a few caves you can hike to and go in. they are real cool. i'll have to give you directions to them later. there are miles of hiking trails out there.the campgrounds have maps of them. but thats pretty much it out there. there are also miles of bicycle trails.

4. Apr 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    that's awesome that they have to nice facilities. as for leaving stuff, i 'll probably have my small flatbed trailer. i was thinking i could lock the hitch on that, and set up the tent on it and anything i don't want to take wheeling (coolers, bikes, etc.) i'd put in the tent and then lock the tent shut. someone could obviously just cut intot he tent, but it's not see-thru, so i figure it's decently secure.

so far this is all i ahve to go by to navigate http://www.jeepflorida.com/maps/JeepFloridadotCom-Citrus.pdf
    do you have a particular campsite you like more than the others?

also, is there much outside the park in terms of civilization? like if we need to run out for some more food to bbq or need gas for one of the trucks...that kind of stuff.

thanks for all of the info! I'm in Melbourne, so it's a pretty good drive there, but i have a feeling it'll be worth it.

5. Apr 26, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Tillis Hill is the place we stayed at. And the town of Inverness is right outside the WMA. So there is a Walmart and gas stations and stuff there its about a 20 min drive from the campground.

6. Apr 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    yeah and most of that 20 minute drive is a really long dirt road that you can haul ass on.

7. Apr 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    thanks guys, i'm getting pumped for this. i'm not sure of the exact dates i'll be there with some of my friends, but i'll post it up in this thread when i find out in case anyone wants to join for a day of wheeling. right now it's looking like early august.

also, is there a fee to use the campgrounds? since they have showers and electricity, i'd asume so. and being a state park, is it illegal to have alchololic beverages at the campsite?

8. Apr 27, 2010 at 2:07 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    any beverage is cool out there! just ask my cooler:)
    the campsites at tillis hill are $15 a night and are by reservation only i will get you the phone # asap
    please let me know when yall are going i would love to join in!
    i may even try and set up a meet

9. Apr 27, 2010 at 3:59 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    thanks ryan

10. Apr 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    dgalleon

dgalleon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 Dbl Cab LB
    TRD CAI, Flowmaster 40 series, 6" Fabtech Lift, Dirt Logic rear shocks
    yea Ryan is prob one of the BEST people to go there with. he really KNOWS his area! great guy and always willing to help!

Products Discussed in

To Top