Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Driving through deep water

Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
TacomaEX is on a distinguished road
Army:
TacomaEX's Tacoma Gallery
Driving through deep water

I heard that there are electronic sensors in the floorboards on the passenegr side of newer tacomas (05 and newer) and that if I were to drive through deep water, then theyd fry and my truck would no longer work. Is there any truth to that?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaEX View Post
I heard that there are electronic sensors in the floorboards on the passenegr side of newer tacomas (05 and newer) and that if I were to drive through deep water, then theyd fry and my truck would no longer work. Is there any truth to that?

Lift your truck
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you have a prerunner....what do you need to be driving through deep water for? not hating cause i got one also, just curiousity
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
I have not hurd of anything

and second

Welcome to TW

Old 04-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you should be looking into the rear diff beather mod and a few other
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post193885
Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaEX View Post
I personally haven't heard of this, but I wouldn't recommend going through water. It's just not good all around, but I can understand if you're asking for a "just in case" kind of question.
But I would highly recommend not going through water and I would recommend the diff breather mod, like some have mentioned on here. And welcome to TW.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Diverse-Customs.com
Yodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
Yodaforce's Tacoma Gallery
I ran my 94 through water all the time. Never a problem until one night I slipped into some ruts and sank it up to the pass. door handle. Needless to say, the interior was full as well. Turns out the computer for that year (and others) was in the pass. lower kick panel. My truck started back up after a good draining, and it wasn't until the next day on my way to work that it crapped out. All the dealer said they did to it was clean out the computer case and dry it. They had it back to me that day and it was fine for the next few years until I sold it. I did mount the computer in a sealed plastic bag, and I did drive through lakes and ponds after that. With a snorkel.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FshOpPqj88

He tried the water thing too. lol
Old 04-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
CRAZY 4WHEELER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd35-Y-ajo0

The best part is when she says " Hope you don't scratch your truck and are you stuck?"
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #11
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XT View Post
There's this really cool thing called "not being an idiot" that this guy might wanna try out.

I love you tube. Theres all kinds on that site. lol
Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #12
Reppin UWYO
A7XT will become famous soon enoughA7XT will become famous soon enough

Name: Kyle
A7XT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
I love you tube. Theres all kinds on that site. lol
Oh I know man it's great theres always some good quality entertainment by stupid people on there...
Old 05-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #13
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
There is an expensive sensor underneath the drivers side seat. It is called a Yaw sensor. By the time the water hits that, you should already be speed dialing your insurance company....