Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Joshua Tree 4-25/26-10

Old 04-29-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Joshua Tree 4-25/26-10

Did a one night camping trip to Joshua Tree. We camped at White Tank and then returned via the Geology Tour and Berdoo Canyon. The pictures were taken with 3 different cameras, all Canon, G9, SD800, and my 5D. Had a wonderful quick trip and enjoyed the desert in a springtime bloom. Enjoy

Old 04-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful pics man, I used to climb there alot when I lived in Sac. Sure do miss the desert when I see shots like these, really brings back the memories
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pictures, I liked this one the best.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the great photos looks like you had a really good time
Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I really enjoyed these photos. Great scenery and looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Berdoo Canyon's not a bad ride. People just kinda junk it up at the bottom of the canyon. Nice pics though
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That night picture of the rock formation & the moon is SICK!!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
My favorite pic... It looked like a pretty sweet trip!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 AM   #11
deadphish28 is a jewel in the roughdeadphish28 is a jewel in the roughdeadphish28 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tim
deadphish28's Tacoma Gallery
very cool pics..what kind of camera do you have?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadphish28 View Post
very cool pics..what kind of camera do you have?
Most of the pics were taken with my Canon 5D. My point and shoot is a Canon G9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I ran Berdoo Canyon in November of '09. I got me a pic of a Big Horn. I love J-Tree!
No fair! I have yet to see a bighorn sheep. One day it will happen.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #14
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
Berdoo Canyon's not a bad ride. People just kinda junk it up at the bottom of the canyon. Nice pics though
Yeah I was dumbfounded when we got past the sign for Berdoo and there was trash, shell casings, and what seemed a general lack of respect for nature. I like to shoot crap up but that area is a prime example why areas are closed to people.
Police the brass
Old 04-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #15
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Yeah I was dumbfounded when we got past the sign for Berdoo and there was trash, shell casings, and what seemed a general lack of respect for nature. I like to shoot crap up but that area is a prime example why areas are closed to people.
Police the brass

Thats it too. People just don't have the respect anymore. Just gives the BLM more of a reason to close it off.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Yep and then people bitch about areas being closed off.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #17
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Would an inexperience off roader be able to handle Berdoo Canyon?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:17 AM   #18
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I think so. I'm no super wheeler. My truck is mostly stock. There are some sections where you would want to take it slow and keep an eye on your tires and plan your lines accordingly. Good luck and enjoy the scenery.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man. i need to get out there again
Old 05-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #20
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninorth View Post
Would an inexperience off roader be able to handle Berdoo Canyon?
I think so too. The hardest part will be a rocky stream bed section, the rocks are generally smooth here and there is bedrock exposed. I went through it full PSI in my tires and drove slowly and calculated. Once you get through that section it becomes flat, sandy and easy.