Notices

2WD off road?

Old 05-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
deepseadiver is on a distinguished road
Navy: First class Diver, Mobile Diving and Combat Salvage Unit 2
Name: william
deepseadiver's Tacoma Gallery
2WD off road?

i settled for the TRD Sport DC longbed. it has a limited slip diff. Just wondering a few things.
how can i beef my truck up enough to handle some light off roading?
Can i upgrade to the locking diff?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
It can handle some light offroading as it sits right now. The best thing you can get to avoid damaging your truck is experience. Start small and work your way up. Don't do anything that doesn't feel right. Bring a recovery strap and have someone you can bring or call on to pull you out.

Bring someone with experience with you to teach you.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
It can handle some light offroading as it sits right now. The best thing you can get to avoid damaging your truck is experience. Start small and work your way up. Don't do anything that doesn't feel right. Bring a recovery strap and have someone you can bring or call on to pull you out.

What he said..
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I saw you on the 101 N the other day btw...I was going South and I saw your phatty bumper staring at me..pretty sure it was you..
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x3

The only think I Have to add is whoever you bring with you, it would be best if they had 4x4, and any traction systems is a bonus.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
I saw you on the 101 N the other day btw...I was going South and I saw your phatty bumper staring at me..pretty sure it was you..
Haha I saw you too. In Calabasas right before (for me)/after (for you) the Lost Hills Rd. exit?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
its the diver not the truck! but the trucks helps but its mostly experience from placement, drive lines and things of that nature
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
x3

The only think I Have to add is whoever you bring with you, it would be best if they had 4x4, and any traction systems is a bonus.
Eh, 2WD's with open diffs pull each other out all the time. Especially at the beginner level of offroading.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
╒╪╕

Quote:
Haha I saw you too. In Calabasas right before (for me)/after (for you) the Lost Hills Rd. exit?

yeah i think thats where it was. Im on the 101N right about 8 - 8:15 am, and 101 S around 5:30pm...i commute from the valley to thousand oaks every day
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
yeah i think thats where it was. Im on the 101N right about 8 - 8:15 am, and 101 S around 5:30pm...i commute from the valley to thousand oaks every day
I think I saw you again today on the 405 right by the 101. Whoever it was was in a Silver DC with a Satoshi and he looked at me and I looked at him.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
add tires, lift, armor...done
Old 05-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
add tires, lift, armor...done
exactly!

my prerunner goes more places than i ever thought it could.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
╒╪╕

Quote:
I think I saw you again today on the 405 right by the 101. Whoever it was was in a Silver DC with a Satoshi and he looked at me and I looked at him.

Wasn't me, no Satoshi here