LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

After-market exhaust ground clearance

Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
After-market exhaust ground clearance

For those of you with any type of after market performance exhaust setups, ever experience any problems with ground clearance during wheeling? Noticed any dings in the pipes/rubbing/etc. ya'll know what i mean....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
i haven't hit my muffler on anything yet. although it does hang down pretty bad, not to mention the stock Y-pipe. that thing isn't even an aftermarket part and it's lower than the transmission cross member.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Stock or not, the exhaust system should be tucked up high and away. I've seen a few people chop their tail pipe just after the rear axle.
x2! Mines chopped by the rear axle...

before it wasn't and would hit EVERYWHERE off roading

Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Stock or not, the exhaust system should be tucked up high and away. I've seen a few people chop their tail pipe just after the rear axle.
Thats what I did....no pics handy at the moment but I haven't bottomed out on my exhaust once
Old 05-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
x2! Mines chopped by the rear axle...

before it wasn't and would hit EVERYWHERE off roading

LOL! ouch! So chopping the exhaust off midbody..... anyone notice any difference in sound/performance?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarqu2 View Post
LOL! ouch! So chopping the exhaust off midbody..... anyone notice any difference in sound/performance?
No. A tad bit louder but thats all.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #8
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 4banger with new 2.5" piping from the cat to a single in single out dual chamber flowmaster the piped just above the rear axle and its funny cause mine is louder than my buddies 6cyl with exact same set up but his has 2.25" or 2" piping. You may gain about 1hp or so because of better air flow with 2.5" piping
Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
also the closer your muffler is to the engine the louder its going to be depending on where you have the piping dumped
Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #10
Largest Member.....huhuh

rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Could probably save some money on pipe and tips going that route.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
I have a gigbson and haven't noticed any dings in it yet (knock on wood).

i really want to get a new y-pipe that doesn't hange down so low...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have only had one clearance issue so far with my Banks. When the passenger side rear tire is at full droop the shackle hits the exhaust pipe and make an awful noise.