Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

1st time mudding tomorrow, any quick tips?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
w4lter is on a distinguished road
w4lter's Tacoma Gallery
1st time mudding tomorrow, any quick tips?

I'm finally going to get my taco dirty. I don't want to look like a total idiot, this will be only my 3rd time taking my truck off road and my first time in mud. We're going to some fields. Getting stuck won't be a problem because we have tractors -and if things get real bad, a bulldozer - but I don't wsnt to destroy my tacoma.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Dont stop in the mud. Do you have the stock tires on still.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
if your going to be in a field, just watch out for gullys and ditches. otherwise, hammer down and "get a little mud on the tires"
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
TacomaFanNC is on a distinguished road
TacomaFanNC's Tacoma Gallery
Roll up your windows!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
take a camera, no one will believe how bad you'll get stuck j/p
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
If it looks too deep, its probably too deep.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
if your in any sort of sand or gravel, I usually air my factory tires down to about 17psi.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
come on now. you guys keep telling him not to stop. he is going to have tractors there, he is going to be in some fields, why not have some fun and stop. see just how stuck you can get and take some pics. if i had recovery vehicles with me, i'd have as much fun as i could and get as stuck as i could. i think you aren't muddin if you dont get stuck.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
Snapp is on a distinguished road
Snapp's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it!!! Mud is very destructive.

I used to have a Jeep all tricked out with lift, lockers etc.. We stayed away from the mud like it was the plague.. Stick to rock crawling or dirt..

Mud will be in places where you never thought there are places....

My $.02
Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #16
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Dont sink.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaFanNC View Post
Roll up your windows!
+1

and don't roll them down while they are dirty!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #18
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Expect to dedicate a few hours cleaning it.

When you start to feel yourself loosing traction in 4wd, crank your wheel back and forth full lock really fast, You'll generally always go straight but you'll break up whatever is in your way by crankin the wheel. Don't be afraid to gas it, you'd be surprised how much power you need.

My wife was afraid to 'break' the taco when I took her with me on a back road. That all changed once she was behind the wheel. Just don't submerge your truck and you'll be good! Oh and belts will almost always squeal or sound like crap for the first day after you get in the nasty watery mud. It will go away

Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #19
w4lter is on a distinguished road
w4lter's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is stock, tires and everything so I'm not going to do anything too extreme. We're just going in some fields. I will definitely post pics, thanks.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
Resmondo has a spectacular aura aboutResmondo has a spectacular aura about
Name: Cody
Resmondo's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!
and rock your wheels. If your gettin stuck the move your steering wheel back and forth to keep traction. If it's just a field with no holes them you probably won't get stuck but have a lot of driftin fun.