Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Stuck Ranger

Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Stuck Ranger

Haha...I was looking through some ollld pictures on my external hard drive, and i found these...totally forgot about this:

it had been raining pretty hard that day, so my friend who owns that ranger asked if wanted to go drive around in the mud...he took a turn too hard and slid out, got stuck in that little ditch. he would try to reverse out, but his back wheels were diggin in the street (as you can see)

after a while a ranger (person) came by in another ford ranger and tried to pull us out. he slid around too. it took about another half an hour before this monster F-250 came around and pulled us out in reverse. (it would have been a sweeter story if it ended up being a taco )
Old 05-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mortuusangelus's Tacoma Gallery
No comment.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Ha ha.4 inch ditch!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
Ha ha.4 inch ditch!
exactly! almost couldn't believe he was stuck...but after an hour...i got it. haha
Old 05-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Yota Doc
DocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to all

Name: Brian
DocBrown86's Tacoma Gallery
Is that Proctor Valley?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
F - found
O - on
R - rugged
D - ditch

Old 05-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #8
Professional Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown86 View Post
Is that Proctor Valley?
yup! and a very tame part of proctor. haha
Old 05-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
Yota Doc
DocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to all

DocBrown86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
yup! and a very tame part of proctor. haha
The main road lol
Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
Professional Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
That's 2wd though right?
oh yeah, forgot to mention that. yup, 2wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown86 View Post
The main road lol
Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #12
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i almost bought a ranger. glad i didnt
Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
oh yeah, forgot to mention that. yup, 2wd.
Yeah a 2wd Taco would have gotten stuck there too. I had a 2003 Ranger before my Taco and it was an alright truck except the whole breaking down all the time part. I took my Ranger through all kinds off deep muck and with an open front diff and a weak LS in the back I only managed to get it stuck once in the 4 years I wheeled it.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has an 03 ranger 4wd and it actually does quite well. It used to be his daily driver, but then he got a new truck for that, and "the dange" is now his off roading rig. Because of that fact he will pretty much go through any trail that we find as he isn't afraid of breaking anything. Been pleasantly surprised at what it has gone through a few times. Other times, I have to go in with my truck to get him, and I always hate doing that. If he got his truck stuck, that means it is a challenging area, and the stock Dunflops barely have traction on dry pavement. We have yet to get to the point where every vehicle is stuck though, so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed on that...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #15
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mortuusangelus's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't gotten all the trucks stuck, you're not trying hard enough!