Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Kill Devil Hills

Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
sbram500 is on a distinguished road
sbram500's Tacoma Gallery
Kill Devil Hills

Headin to the OBX this weekend. Never been to Kill Devil hills, but have been to Okracoke and Hatteras.

Anyone know of any cool "off the beaten path" spots out that way?
Probly do some fishin and just hangin out with the fam.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Tough to get off the beaten path anywhere near Kill Devil Hills. Head up toward Duck and Corolla to do some beach cruising and check out the ponies.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
^ Thats good advice.

Or go south down to Oregon Inlet or Hatteras. The Inlet is probably going to be extremely crowded most weekends, but especially this one.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
theinjected1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
theinjected1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be taking the wife to OBX for a surprise 30th bday vacation over the weekend of June 4th. Any good spots to offroad a Hundai Accent rental? LOL Seriously though, any "must do" or "must nots" in the area? All the research I have done is all over the board as far as reviews go.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, where is the Gravedigger shop, gonna have to hit that up.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Gravedigger shop is on HWY 158 coming south from VA border/elizabeth city. In Grandy I think. You can't miss it you will see the signs.

The only place you will be able to drive anywhere that I know of is the inlet and up in corolla. You can't drive anywhere on the beach this time of year in duck. I will be up there the week of July 4th, we are staying in Whalehead up in corolla so I will definitely be doing some beach riding. I have never driven on the beach up there before, last time was when I was a kid and we had a jeep cherokee 4x4. My dad got us stuck and had to get pulled out. My truck is my first 4x4 so i'm pretty excited.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
^ Thats good advice.

Or go south down to Oregon Inlet or Hatteras. The Inlet is probably going to be extremely crowded most weekends, but especially this one.
Yeah I bet the inlet will be super crowded.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
sbram500 is on a distinguished road
sbram500's Tacoma Gallery
Had a great time in the OBX! If I turn up missing, that is probably where I will be!

Went to all the off road beach accesses (that are still open!!! Damn Birds!!) and had an awesome time.

I think Corolla was my favorite. Saw some wild horses on the beach and could drive forever!

Couldn't get over all the BIGGGASSS Trucks! HUGE trucks!! It was really cool.

Highly reccomend.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
went last year and drove from corolla to the VA border. was a good drive. also saw the horses on the dunes going to VA and saw them laying in the surf on the way back