Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Which 2nd Gen Transfer Case skid plate do you recommend and why?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Which 2nd Gen Transfer Case skid plate do you recommend and why?

As the title suggests I want to purchase a transfer case skid for my 2nd gen. I am tired of sweating bullets when I have rocks a few inches from my transfer case threatening to disable my vehicle.

I am looking for something strong and proven. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
if i had the money, i'd already have a complete set of these:

http://www.budbuilt.com/new/05+Tacoma.html

reputation procedes them as some of the toughest around.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
It's hard to go wrong with Bud built. I am thinking of having the infuriating Y-pipe exhaust crossover rerouted in order to gain more ground clearance. I find it irritating that I should have to spend my hard money to fix a very bad design on Toyota's part.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
It's hard to go wrong with Bud built. I am thinking of having the infuriating Y-pipe exhaust crossover rerouted in order to gain more ground clearance. I find it irritating that I should have to spend my hard money to fix a very bad design on Toyota's part.
Well, I for one haven't dealt with it! I have complete Budbuilts (excluding gas tank). I work as much as I can on wheel placement and try to deal with it that way (I don't have my coil overs cranked up that much-probably 2" maybe 2.5" - I'm always the lowest in the crowd!). My skids look like a road on a fault line. Someday I may reroute the exhaust but I would like to do is with the correct collector. I know some that have just had an exhaust shop re-route with splicing into the existing exhaust.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...case-skid.html