LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Pulled a 4x4 blazer

Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled a 4x4 blazer

A few days ago I was playing around on some dirt trails with my brother. As we were leaving the trails, we came across a 4x4 blazer stuck in a mud pit.
They had dug some deep ruts and the vehicle was sitting on it's axles.
They asked for help so I drove around behind them and pulled out my recovery strap. They told me to drive around the front and they would hook a winch up to my truck. They looked like experienced off-roaders so I followed instructions. After dodging about a 70 yards of suicide ruts with my 4x2 I got within winching distance at the front . We hooked up the winch to my frame and got to work. They started the winch but the only thing that moved was my truck. My little '04 base reg cab came close to swimming in the mud with them. So they tell me to get in the truck and pull them out. So I hop in and put it in gear. Pull them a couple feet to my surprise, although my tires were spinning a bit. Apparently they were stupid or something because when they were almost out, they loosened and tightened the winch while rocking their rig forwards and backwards while I was pulling. Whenever I stopped pulling, they tell me to pull while they're switching between forward and reverse and screwing around with the winch. They're efforts were useless and the little taco pulled them out. We chatted for bit then I left. I can't believe they jarred, jerked and used their winch cable like that. Dangerous
Lesson learned: The rescue driver calls the shots how things get done.
Sorry about not having pics.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
your truck= your rules. if i come over to pull you out, i tell you how im pulling you out. I dont let other people tell me what to do with my truck.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well, experienced offroaders they are not. You never use a winch for recovery like that. The brake on the winch isn't designed for that kind of use. A snatch strap is a better option in that situation if the winch cable isn't long enough to reach a fixed or anchor point.

Had they asked to be recovered and wanted to attach a winch line to my rig like that I would have told them see ya.

You need a stout recovery point on the back of your truck and the frame is not an option in my book
Old 06-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
rocket_scientist is on a distinguished road
Marines:
rocket_scientist's Tacoma Gallery
Have the person being rescued hook up their end of the strap or winch. I usually tell them that whatever they hook the cable to is coming out and its up to them to make sure the rest of their vehicle comes with it.

x2 on a winch not being a recovery point. Use the snatch strap!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #5
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkie152 View Post
your truck= your rules. if i come over to pull you out, i tell you how im pulling you out. I dont let other people tell me what to do with my truck.
X2
Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
wow op, that's pretty cool.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Was this a full-size Blazer or an S-10 Blazer? The latter should be relatively good with the right tires.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a old ford to me!
nice work tho
Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
looks like a old ford to me!
nice work tho
The picture was of a Ford F350 4 door Bronco. & This was the first time I seen a rig like this.