Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

JD & HB @ Pilot Rock 6/22/10

Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
JD & HB @ Pilot Rock 6/22/10

Paul and I decided to try Pilot Rock. We tried it a few months ago and we ran into too much snow and had to turn around. This time we took it all the way to Lake Arrowhead. We had a blast. I knew going into this that I would have to probably be tugged a couple times and that was the case. Thank you again Paul for that. We had a blast! The first set of pics are from Pilot Rock Trail. Few videos as well.

The videos from Pilot Rock:

After we finished and ended up on the 173 above Lake Arrowhead went headed a few miles north on the 173. We found Willow Creek Jeep Trail. This is comprised of different trails ranging in difficulty. Of course we choose the most difficult rated trails the whole way .
There were a few fun water crossings and the scenery was beautiful. We ended up on the 173 again but on the east side of Lake Arrowhead. Then mobbed it down the mountain to hit up an all you can eat sushi joint.
Pictures from Willow creek:

Video:

Then we found this snake. Still unsure what is what. Can anyone help us out?

A few from my iPhone:

Had a great time! Paul you da man!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
tacoman2.7 is on a distinguished road
Name: papakracker
tacoman2.7's Tacoma Gallery
cool pics , any parts of your trip accessable to us 2wd tacos. looks like alot of fun. I also IE.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah - Great trip! I almost feel like I had to explain that wardrobe malfunction!!! I really don't dress like that!!! Good stuff - thanks for taking the pics!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman2.7 View Post
cool pics , any parts of your trip accessable to us 2wd tacos. looks like alot of fun. I also IE.
Just the parts that JD's truck went through...the silver one.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman2.7 View Post
On this trip no. But you could probably do Cleghorn if you stay on the main road and dont do the bypasses.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
looks like fun..

as for the snake, it's a red coachwhip/racer (Masticophis flagellum piceus)
You're good! It was funny seeing it whip its tail like it had a rattle!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
On this trip no. But you could probably do Cleghorn if you stay on the main road and dont do the bypasses.
Hey wait a minute! JD, you're 2wd!

(Manny, I hope your not upset, since you weren't there, I had to give him a 'tug job!' )
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #14
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Was that a joke? lol Either way i'm laughing. haha.

He has a mini.

I thought that he had a prerunner...

I was poking fun cause you wheel like you have a 4x4 and thought he figured you were by the looks of the terrain.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #15
Ban Pending

Quote:
Was that a joke? lol Either way i'm laughing. haha.

He has a mini.
Yeah, JD - I'm always impressed how you get through some of that stuff. Manny wouldn't have stood a chance!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
I thought that he had a prerunner...

I was poking fun cause you wheel like you have a 4x4 and thought he figured you were by the looks of the terrain.
Gotcha. I dont want him showing up there thinking he can do it. The very first entry part to the trail is a minor feat in itself. You should at least have a minor lift and tires.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
Ban Pending

Quote:
Gotcha. I dont want him showing up there thinking he can do it. The very first entry part to the trail is a minor feat in itself. You should at least have a minor lift and tires.
Oh, and some balls!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Yeah, JD - I'm always impressed how you get through some of that stuff. Manny wouldn't have stood a chance!

Just wished I had made that high center portion. Dumb rear dif. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Oh, and some balls!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #19
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Looks like you guys had a good time!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
Looks like you guys had a good time!
Yeah It was!