Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

This makes me want a 4runner

Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
This makes me want a 4runner

look how sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URNq9...eature=related
Old 06-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
That makes me want a 4Runner too. If only they didn't want an arm and a leg for one!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know wtf... it's just a tacoma with a built-in camper top. . . sorta lol
Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If my crap Ranger wasn't a Ford fail I would have waited until about now to buy a new car and I probably would have gone with the Runner instead of the Taco.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
That makes me want a 4Runner too. If only they didn't want an arm and a leg for one!

ya i saw one at the dealer for 44k wow!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
What's it do that your truck can't?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
run 4's of course
Old 06-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
More power, smaller wheelbase, more interior space and more offroad functions.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's got some cool electronic goodies but for me I'm 100% happy with my Taco and wouldn't trade it for the runner even if it were a straight trade.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/june-2...m-harper7.html

He's got a good looking rig. That's basically his "build"
Old 06-25-2010, 01:48 AM   #12
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
It's got some cool electronic goodies but for me I'm 100% happy with my Taco and wouldn't trade it for the runner even if it were a straight trade.
yep, more and more electronics so the driver doesnt have to think as much.

i'd trade my truck for a 3rd gen 4runner of similar trim (3.4, 5mt, elocker)

only other 4runner i'd get is a sfa first gen, but that'd be a trail rig and not a dd like my tacoma.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
yep, more and more electronics so the driver doesnt have to think as much.

i'd trade my truck for a 3rd gen 4runner of similar trim (3.4, 5mt, elocker)

only other 4runner i'd get is a sfa first gen, but that'd be a trail rig and not a dd like my tacoma.
I hear you there.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine a lot. Really like it!!!

One point on the Trail Edition 4Runner was the KDSS, the ability to disconnect the swaybar is nice for articulation.

The 4Runner has a fully boxed ladder frame (like the FJ Cruiser). The frame railes already have the nuts in frame for attaching rock sliders and the stock skid plates on it are fairly decent. The gas tank gets a full steel skid as well as the hydraulics for the KDSS.

My only gripe with it is if Toyota has a Trial Edition anything, put some decent meats on it not the crappy Dunlop's

Some figures.

Tacoma:
Approach/Departure angle: 35/26
Ground clearance(4.0 Accesscab/Doublecab 4x4): 9.3"

FJ Cruiser:
Approach/Departure angle: 34/31
Ground clearance: 9.6"

4Runner Trail Edition:
Approach/Departure angle: 33/26
Ground clearance: 9.6"
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
my girlfriend has one tehe
Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #18
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
More power, smaller wheelbase, more interior space and more offroad functions.
More power-maybe so, but I've got gears on my side
Smaller wheelbase- nope sure doesn't, actually I think it is the same
More interior space-maybe so, but I've got more bed space
More offroad functions- more stuff to fail

and to think, mine is less than half the cost of the 4runner
Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
They're pretty but I wouldn't trade my truck for one.

Next vehicle for the family will probably be one of those bad boys.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrotter View Post
More power-maybe so, but I've got gears on my side
Smaller wheelbase- nope sure doesn't, actually I think it is the same
More interior space-maybe so, but I've got more bed space
More offroad functions- more stuff to fail

and to think, mine is less than half the cost of the 4runner
Wheelbase is smaller. The Tacoma has a 127.4 inch wheelbase while the 4 runner has a 109.8 inch wheelbase. Sure the bed space comes in handy when you use it but I never use it unless I put my quad back there and even then I will be throwing it on a trailer soon. If stuff fails jsut take it in and have it taken care of.