Notices

My new Dent

Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
ipig is on a distinguished road

ipig's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy My new Dent

via

I almost ended up stuck here overnight.

Nothing to winch on in front or on the sides. Would've needed ~200ft for the nearest tree in front.

Originally i was not against these logs. But the soft ground kept inching me closer & closer.

Tried digging a bit, tried building up the wheels, tried to reverse winch under the truck & that snapped the winch line quickly. - Not something i will try again.

One of the logs started digging into a tire & i'm glad i stopped when i did. I was surprised the sidewall held up as well as it did.

Spent a little over an hour trying to get myself out.

Used GPS/coordinates to give my location to a couple buds. Took them ~2 hours to find me. 1600ft+ in heavy fog @ night.

Had the winch line re-tied & used it heavily two more times. It took a bit of winching to get out.

The back end of my friends truck fell into a hole while trying to winch me out. - Which gave me a functional anchor

I was stuck for around 6 hours & got unstuck @ 2am

For the most part i remained calm. Once the sun started diving i stepped up preparing to stay. I had a friend with me the whole time but honestly he was f*ing useless.

I had everything i needed to walk out, somewhat exp'd with hiking/navigation, had multiple gps handhelds w/custom +/-topo maps of the area, extra batteries, food/water/backpack/etc. I don't think it'd taken me over 4 hours to walk out.

There's some things i didn't have though. I had a headlamp but it is not a (forgot my) real flashlight. Didn't have a shovel!! Didn't have any beer or guns! Phone battery was fine but did not have a charger.

BTW if you're heading out to rescue some one bring YOUR charger too

Hmm i know there's more i was missing but drawing a blank at the moment.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a shame, in Georgia we'd call that Georgia pin stripeing
Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
honestly it does not look that bad, It really gives it character.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
Enthused is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt (Separated)
Name: Alex
Enthused's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that's a little more than a dent in my book. From the pics it looks like it could've been worse though.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
From were i am sitting that is not a dent haha!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #6

ipig's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
damn that tree was pissed eh? It looks fine bud...its like a right of passage. Plus it shows you really wheel your truck and its a cool story ya know?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OP- how far are you from the Tillamook State forest in NW oregon?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #9
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
YEAH, that's bad. I'd be crying over that. Sorry man. I guess some things are worth it for the memories. I hope this is one of them.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #11

ipig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
OP- how far are you from the Tillamook State forest in NW oregon?
About 170 miles.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #12
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
dude sorry about that but if u ride around with the truck dirty and that "dent" you would look like a total badass
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #13
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipig View Post
About 170 miles.
aw, thats not too bad. We had a meet out there this weekend, you coulda come. There'll be more in the future though im sure.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #14
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
eh iv seen worse but...

damn! you have alot of down travel for IFS in that flex picture

what suspension setup are you running?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
eh iv seen worse but...

damn! you have alot of down travel for IFS in that flex picture

what suspension setup are you running?
appears he has a drop bracket lift, so it just looks like a lot of droop.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #16
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
oooo i see that now. thanks for pointing that out. i didnt look close enough... fail.

oh well. DB lift is better than a BL lift i suppose...
Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #17

ipig's Tacoma Gallery
The truck came with the lift it appears to be a tuff country 54900 4-5"
Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
that black lab doesnt seem to be bothered by it
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #19

ipig's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isPqJ5f-ino
Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #20
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
that black lab doesnt seem to be bothered by it
Yeah, he seems to be enjoying himself... But he looks more like a Rottie than a lab.... Big head, short muzzle...