Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Off-Roading & Trails (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/)
-   -   Where is everybody from New England??? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/123561-where-everybody-new-england.html)

VTaco08 11-15-2010 10:19 AM

Where is everybody from New England???

I am a Vermonter and new to this site. I love to offroad but have found very few good spots around my part of Vermont where Mr. Law will allow me to go. Looking for some spots in New England. Also any offroad jamborees or anthing like that around???? Don't need to be specifically for Tacoma's because I love showing those other truck how Tacoma's do it. :help:Me out

Mark C. 11-15-2010 10:22 AM

As a native Vermonter, Welcome....but if you look in the Topics section, under Regional discussions, you will find a "Northeast" Section....there are quite a few posts from all over the Northeast about off-roading and such....including VT!

Enjoy!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/

VTaco08 11-15-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark C. (Post 2388609)
As a native Vermonter, Welcome....but if you look in the Topics section, under Off-Topic threads, you will find a "Northeast" Section....there are quite a few posts from all over the Northeast....including VT!

Enjoy!

Nice, thanks I'll check it out. Any preferances?

Mark C. 11-15-2010 10:30 AM

I popped the link to the threads when I edited my post...it will take you directly there. There are even regional meet-ups and get togethers.

Simon's Mom 11-15-2010 10:44 AM

Welcome to the forum from Vermont :wave:
I like the obscure fire roads in the Green Mountain National Forest.
Right now its kinda hard with hunting season in full swing.
We got lots more Vermonters joining we need to do a more Northern meet than say the southern mass/nh border.
Something up in the White Mountains of NH in the Spring would be awesome.

nhgranite 11-15-2010 11:28 AM

s/w nh here. i have trails close bye but have yet to take the truck on them. maybe in the spring.

Danosabre 11-15-2010 11:31 AM

Welcome to TW, from Ma where everything is illegal. :eek:

VTaco08 11-16-2010 03:56 AM

Thank-you everyone for the warm welcome. I myself am from southern Vermont but am more than willing to travel in order to get my feet wet. We definatly need to get something going.

YukonLT 11-16-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTaco08 (Post 2392102)
Thank-you everyone for the warm welcome. I myself am from southern Vermont but am more than willing to travel in order to get my feet wet. We definatly need to get something going.

Whereabouts in southern Vermont? I live in Cambridge NY which is a stones throw from Arlington VT :)

VTaco08 11-16-2010 04:15 AM

I'm on the southeast corner of Vermont right next to NH and MA. How are the trails over your way?

YukonLT 11-16-2010 04:19 AM

There are a bunch of really nice old fire roads in the Green Mountain national forest that are nice to drive on with some cool views. There is also a pretty awesome old rock quarry on Dorset mountain that you can drive up to that is pretty neat, definitely have to have a decent truck to get up there.

VTaco08 11-16-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon's Mom (Post 2388696)
Welcome to the forum from Vermont :wave:
I like the obscure fire roads in the Green Mountain National Forest.
Right now its kinda hard with hunting season in full swing.
We got lots more Vermonters joining we need to do a more Northern meet than say the southern mass/nh border.
Something up in the White Mountains of NH in the Spring would be awesome.

Agreed that would be a lot of fun. I've lived in Vermont my entire life and have never been to the white mountains.

TacoDaTugBoat 11-16-2010 05:52 AM

CT here! Do some travelling to southern VT, NH and ME

Simon's Mom 11-16-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonLT (Post 2392114)
There are a bunch of really nice old fire roads in the Green Mountain national forest that are nice to drive on with some cool views. There is also a pretty awesome old rock quarry on Dorset mountain that you can drive up to that is pretty neat, definitely have to have a decent truck to get up there.

I've been there it is awesome. I grew up in Rut-Vegas lol

Simon's Mom 11-16-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTaco08 (Post 2392159)
Agreed that would be a lot of fun. I've lived in Vermont my entire life and have never been to the white mountains.

Have you ever snowmobiled in Woodford?
I heard the trails are great just not on the weekends.

YukonLT 11-16-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon's Mom (Post 2392296)
Have you ever snowmobiled in Woodford?
I heard the trails are great just not on the weekends.

I have! I have spent many hours snowmobiling all throughout Vermont but the majority has been in the southern portion. I usually start from the Kellystand road parking lot outside of Arlington. And yes, the trails in Woodford are great but terrible on the weekends because they get so packed, (for snowmobiling that is).

I have backpacked a portion of the Long Trail, from the Mass border up to Bromley mountain, which is about 54 miles or so, and am always crossing spots where 4x4's have been through. Some of those trails look pretty intense though.

YOTA LOVER 07-17-2012 11:28 AM

Brand new to this site myself. Currently live on the seacoast of NH. I've been reading the threads and have seen some good info posted.

I'm almost 10k into my 2nd Taco, a 2011 4-door w/ 6' bed, and working on getting it modded out even though it is a DD.

Just sold my sweet 95 Tacoma SX last fall- 6" suspension lift, 33" tires, HD clutch, 30lbs flywheel, cold air intake, downey headers, 2001 4-Runner seats, custom rear bumper w/ 2" receiver. Hard to part with it, my brother bought it off the lot and I've been beating it senseless since 2001.

Bextreme 07-17-2012 04:27 PM

Just moved to the seacoast area from Florida panhandle...My truck is a stock 2011 TRD off-road...Are there any trails around here?

YOTA LOVER 07-18-2012 07:05 AM

Ideas

Check this site:

http://www.exploringnh.com/

and

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...oading-nh.html

TODEOTA 07-18-2012 09:38 AM

Maine!

www.maine4x4.org