1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sunday Drive

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Killer Red Taco, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sep 8, 2008 at 2:09 PM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco [OP] NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    Left about 7.00 am with my girlfriend and nephew to go on a fishing trip and give the Taco a little break in. We put up a of the great american pastry ( some doughnuts). I making some time climbing the hills until my Nephew said: "I don't think I like curvy roa......'puke'........ roads. 'puke'. I could just see it doughnut puke down the back of my seat. I pull over and get out and he was covered in vomit, with a bunch of it on the floormat and none on the seats, oh thank you!

Well we continued up the hill at about 35 to 45 mph to keep the kid okay. I get to the camp ground and do a little fishing and pawn the kid on his grandfather so took the Taco for a drive.
    I went up CA Hwy 89 to Loope Canyon and went up 190 for some mild 4 wheeling. It was going great, until I came upon a road block:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I knew they ran cattle up there but the not range maggots. We got trough the wool and kept going on around Leviaton Mine Rd. I had to use the 4 low to get around a idiot parked in the trail to cut some wood. I got to lock up the rear up one steep hill that was pretty loose footing. All in All was a good day, except the puke.

Here is some good views:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Sep 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Sorry about the puke, I would have been a little " disappointed" in his timing to open a window but you'll have that from time to time. The run afterwards looks like a ball, I find it funny that you came across a herd of sheep, hmmm :rolleyes:

3. Sep 8, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Nice pictures. :)

4. Sep 9, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco [OP] NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    It is a bit weird how I ran in to some sheep......hmmm!
    It is fun drive nothing to serious that you really had to work to get over.

Thanks derekabraham!

Products Discussed in

To Top