1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Day on Mt. Pilchuck

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Fightnfire, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Dec 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire [OP] Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Mt. Pilchuck is in WA ST. It's about a 30 minute drive to the base from my house, another 30 or so to the top depending on conditions. It use to be a ski resort but they shut down years ago so there's a big parking lot up top. Popular place for Christmas tree cutters. There's a solid 2-3 feet at the top, the video is a little more than half way up. There are 2 gates that they start to close when the road becomes not passable, unsafe etc.

As you can see, it's still relatively easy to make it to the top (stock Cherokee) .. one more good snow and most of these guys wouldn't make it. Then it's a great place for an adventure, have a fire at the top, hot chocolate and sledding for the kids. Plus, great cell service from the parking lot, so relatively safe if anything were to happen.

http://youtu.be/UsxygXtI5yg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dec 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    Looks fun! How do the Hankooks handle the snow?

3. Dec 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    Fightnfire

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Honestly, they blew me away. I had Falken Wild Country's on last year and they were ok in the snow at best. I was really torn between the Hankook's and Duratrac's but my work commute, 80 miles of freeway round trip, won out. I was really impressed, several times I had to pull off into the shoulder into 2' or 30" of fresh power to let people by. Never had an issue. I got the Hankook's in February last year, used them in some light snow and ice around town but nothing like this.

4. Dec 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    I too was very impressed with my Hankook Dynapros in the snow (and all other conditions)... have had them for 27,000 miles now.

5. Dec 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    Fightnfire

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    Yes, we all fit in the extended cab. Bought a weatherproof removeable truck box that we keep all the extra clothes, blankets, food, water and shovel etc. in. We could survive out of it for a week if we had to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dec 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    Good to hear! I love mine, and for the price, I think they're pretty hard to beat :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top