Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Off-Roading & Trails (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/)
-   -   Nevada Life for A Tacoma (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/255506-nevada-life-tacoma.html)

mario2323 12-30-2012 08:40 AM

Nevada Life for A Tacoma

15 Attachment(s)
I've become a little obsessed with the Nevada hills and mountains since I got my TX. If I'm not out of town I spend the weekends hitting the hills, going shooting with my dog. I guess it's safe to say I made a great choice trading in my SUV for a Taco. :) I drag race street bikes on the side, and after I was involved in a hit and run, driver leaving me behind and bike (newly painted) on the side of the road, I decided to trade for this truck, it's given me a lot of memories in 4 months ! Here are some pictures I've snagged while out and about. Also there are a few pictures of my Taco covered in ice haha But I am a picture man-slut when it comes to my Taco, so feel free to post any pictures you want of yours.

skidooman 12-30-2012 08:48 AM

Welcome, from a little ways east on 80. Nice truck. There's a Reno thread on here, and a 775 thread. You should check them out.

Dark Knight 12-30-2012 08:48 AM

Keep exploring!

Ben83 12-30-2012 08:56 AM

Great pics bro

IBATanker 12-30-2012 03:54 PM

Nice pics, born and raised in las vegas and never been north of vegas.

maxamillion2345 12-30-2012 03:58 PM

I'd recommend the Humboldts to the south of you as a fun place to check out. I went to HS in pershing county. :wave:

Teniente 12-30-2012 04:00 PM

Tuff Taco

1 Attachment(s)
Rolled twice, three of us walked away from it

maxamillion2345 12-30-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teniente (Post 6199702)

huh?

Glad you're alright but what?

skidooman 12-30-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teniente (Post 6199702)

Wut?
You Carson guys...

Teniente 12-30-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidooman (Post 6200401)
Wut?
You Carson guys...

Hahaha........yeah, us "Carson Guys".......However, this happened in Baja.

Blew a tire after hitting something in the road, went off into the dirt median, hit some rocks, rolled. Landed on the wheels and drove out of the median to the side of the road. Baja fire guys and Red Cross (paramedics) were right there, great response.

HDI Seguros Mexican Insurance, purchased through Bajabound: htttp://www.bajabound.com/
was excellent and adjusters response was within 30 minutes.

Three of us had some scrapes, minor cuts from glass and bruises. seat belts worked as advertised.

Hope they total it..........I want another Tacoma!!!!

mario2323 01-01-2013 08:07 PM

Damn, glad you're alright. I've had my close calls already but doesn't stop me. I just returned from a Reno trip. Wasn't able to get out much but I need to find new mountains to climb!

Mikehole 01-01-2013 08:17 PM

For exploring, I had some luck maybe 15 miles east of Fernley on the old mining roads. Saw a wild horse out and about there. It was hot as shit, and if I wasn't in a group and my truck died, I would have been concerned about death. Got caught in a torrential downpour and then made it to an indian reservation before losing one of my rear mudflaps.
Good luck and keep exploring, but remember to get some self recovery gear.

skidooman 01-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario2323 (Post 6209427)
Damn, glad you're alright. I've had my close calls already but doesn't stop me. I just returned from a Reno trip. Wasn't able to get out much but I need to find new mountains to climb!

You should check out the Santa Rosas, if you haven't already. Another place that I absolutely love is the Pine Forest range up by Denio. The Bilk Creek range was cool too until this last summer when it all burnt down.

maxamillion2345 01-01-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario2323 (Post 6209427)

Humboldts are close! 30 minutes maybe, star canyon is bad ass, and theres a whole bunch of other cool canyons all along the front and rear, theres one out of oreana with a pond at the top, but you'll scrape the shit out of your truck with branches. Star peak from the front is fun too, see how far you can make it before the snow is too deep.

If you take grass valley road out of winnemucca you can take it all the way to mckinney pass, from there you can take fencemaker or kitten springs road to Bolivia (ghost town) and at bolivia I hear it's possible in more built rigs to take the canyon out to jersey valley. Theres lots of cool areas to explore around Jersey valley and east towards the Ormat plant, theres even a hot springs to check out.

If you take Jungo road west, theres a bunch of cool shit out there too if you split off south before you hit the black rock.

pra4sno 01-01-2013 10:47 PM

Beautiful looking area!

nytro 01-02-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario2323 (Post 6198068)
I've become a little obsessed with the Nevadahills...

I'm with you man! I'm usually out exploring on a dual sport motorcycle, but it's also fun in the truck with the dogs and the wife.
We just got back from four days in western Nevada to Death Valley over New Years holiday. Single digit temps overnight, but so awesome!http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3878e864.jpg

mario2323 01-03-2013 03:43 AM

Maxamillion- Thank you, I'll get to exploring that area!

Yeah weather has kicked my ass here, it's awesome driving in snow but kind of limits the areas I can get to. Since I have no one to explore with out here, I ride solo.... Not good If I get stuck!

tan4x4 01-05-2013 08:27 AM

A little far from you, but the Black Rock Desert area is a pretty neat area to explore. Don't go there during Burning man, though.

Teniente 01-05-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario2323 (Post 6215279)
Maxamillion- Thank you, I'll get to exploring that area!

Yeah weather has kicked my ass here, it's awesome driving in snow but kind of limits the areas I can get to. Since I have no one to explore with out here, I ride solo.... Not good If I get stuck!

Take I-80 east to Golconda, then the road to Midas. If it's still open, good eats (dinner) at the Midas saloon.

Jungo road to Rye Patch. Grass Valley road to Dixie Valley, then on to Fallon or Lovelock.............plenty of cool areas to explore

mario2323 01-05-2013 07:45 PM

Yeah I was suggested the Jungo to Rye Patch, also heard about Grass Valley to Lovelock. I just need people who enjoy trails and driving as much as I do. I just need to meet the right people Haha I went to Reno for oil change, and re-alignment and saw a new Tacoma in the showroom floor, Charcoal Grey with some black XD wheels and a leveling kit. After seeing how it sit, I think I might just stick to a leveling kit instead of full lift, and some bigger tires. I beat the crap out of the ones I have by Thomas Canyon so I need meatier tires.