Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Off-Roading & Trails (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/)
-   -   Any rope experts out there ? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/271686-any-rope-experts-out-there.html)

OZ-T 04-04-2013 02:23 PM

Any rope experts out there ?
 
Wasn't sure what section of the site was best for this

I'm going to purchase a set of rigging blocks and rope , I am hoping to be able to get a really good general purpose rope that will work for rigging and yarding of firewood logs and general rope work

I am leaning towards this double braid , composite bull rope , this is essentially where my budget is , but I am certainly open to suggestions

http://m.westechrigging.com/rope-husky-058.html

Thanks in advance

Whitehall 04-04-2013 02:34 PM

You might check a climbing shop for PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water static lines. Can be bought in standard lengths, or off a spool by the foot. These types of static lines have tight outer sheaths to keep dirt out of the core and help ensure integrity. They are designed for minimal stretch, wet or dry conditions.

OZ-T 04-04-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitehall (Post 6695055)
You might check a climbing shop for PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water static lines. Can be bought in standard lengths, or off a spool by the foot. These types of static lines have tight outer sheaths to keep dirt out of the core and help ensure integrity. They are designed for minimal stretch, wet or dry conditions.

Will do , thanks

OZ-T 04-04-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitehall (Post 6695055)
You might check a climbing shop for PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water static lines. Can be bought in standard lengths, or off a spool by the foot. These types of static lines have tight outer sheaths to keep dirt out of the core and help ensure integrity. They are designed for minimal stretch, wet or dry conditions.

The Blue Water static line seems a little low on breaking strength , I should have stated I want a higher breaking strength for yarding

The PMI EZ bend is almost at the BS of the Husky line in my link , a little bit more expensive too

Both look like great products though , thanks

Bobbb 04-04-2013 04:51 PM

That Husky line looks like good stuff for what you're planning. I don't know if your'e familiar with splicing double-braid line, but it's very simple to learn. Here's a good link to instructions. I've used a ton of Samson products over the years and they've always been top-notch. Wherever you buy your line from should be able to set you up with a splicing fid and pusher too.

OZ-T 04-04-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbb (Post 6695800)
That Husky line looks like good stuff for what you're planning. I don't know if your'e familiar with splicing double-braid line, but it's very simple to learn. Here's a good link to instructions. I've used a ton of Samson products over the years and they've always been top-notch. Wherever you buy your line from should be able to set you up with a splicing fid and pusher too.

Thanks for the link , I'll check it out

Ryan07 04-04-2013 04:53 PM

This is one way to go, but probably more than you want to spend...
http://www.cmcrescue.com/Rope-Web-C3.aspx

OZ-T 04-04-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan07 (Post 6695811)
This is one way to go, but probably more than you want to spend...
http://www.cmcrescue.com/Rope-Web-C3.aspx

Same price as the stuff in my link for the Static line

Thanks

Ryan07 04-04-2013 07:36 PM

Yeah that's some nice rope, can't go wrong with 18,000 lbs breaking straight. Don't know what hardware your going to use, but here are some ideas.
http://youtu.be/BEX0MlpIA6I

OZ-T 04-04-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan07 (Post 6696916)
Yeah that's some nice rope, can't go wrong with 18,000 lbs breaking straight. Don't know what hardware your going to use, but here are some ideas.
http://youtu.be/BEX0MlpIA6I

I'm getting these rigging blocks

http://m.westechrigging.com/block-im...gle-pin-6.html

Ryan07 04-04-2013 08:44 PM

Nice, post some pics of the final setup.

IDtrucks 04-04-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ-T (Post 6692134)
Any of you Idaho Rainforest loggers know anything about rigging rope and rigging blocks ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ-T (Post 6692195)
I mean specifically what is a good general rigging rope

:facepalm:

OZ-T 04-04-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDtrucks (Post 6697272)
:facepalm:

What ?

Fightnfire 04-04-2013 09:13 PM

lol

IDtrucks 04-04-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ-T (Post 6697355)
What ?

nothing, just that you actually made a thread for it

OZ-T 04-04-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDtrucks (Post 6697408)
nothing, just that you actually made a thread for it

I want to get some more info before I spend $500

IDtrucks 04-04-2013 09:34 PM

thought you were an expert though...everyone that lives in the PNW is a rope and rigging expert.

OZ-T 04-04-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDtrucks (Post 6697454)
thought you were an expert though...everyone that lives in the PNW is a rope and rigging expert.

I'm getting there , thanks for asking

IDtrucks 04-04-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ-T (Post 6697459)
I'm getting there , thanks for asking

just giving you shit

OZ-T 04-04-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDtrucks (Post 6697558)
just giving you shit

Oh , I know

No worries


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.