1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Anchorage/Jim's Creek guys?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by D3nt, May 29, 2013.

1. May 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    D3nt

D3nt [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road Short Bed
    I'm looking for Anchorage area guys to give me a few tips. I don't know of any trails in the area other than Jim's Creek and a few wimpy trails around base (JBER). I'm new to off-roading. I had an '86 Samurai that was VERY capable despite stock and a '79 Chevy that I never got on any good trails up here. Other than that, my experience is limited. I'm looking for a trail that's gonna be friendly to my stock Tacoma, a friend's stock Frontier and a Silverado.

I know where Jim's Creek is but I'm not too familiar with the actual trails and I know it's a big ORV area. Are there any beginner friendly trails around here? And I here some nasty rumors about soot from the eruption a few years back killing engines. Anyone know how true that is?

2. May 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Hey man, just saw this. You should check out the 4x4 meet and greet fathers day weekend. Just poke around and ask questions, everyone there will be a wealth of knowledge to you. Also check out the AK section on here, we're always talking trails and stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top