1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Matagorda Beach Texas

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by SamSter0077, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Aug 12, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 [OP] Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    You can buy a beach permit for $6.00 and drive 30 miles down the beach to Seargent if you want. If are a GEOCACHER, there is 3 4x4 Geo Caches you can locate here. I only drove to one, it was my first time at the beach with a 4x4 and my first time offroad in the new 4x4.. 1200 miles. Check out the photo's.. The bone stock truck had NO PROBLEM getting anywhere you wanted to go in the sand. There was quite a few people getting stuck, and the large diesel 4x4 were getting stuck too.. there is about 3 miles of beach where the thick sand is pushed to the side.. any 2wd minivan can get there, but further down the beach is much less people. We plan to go back and Camp on the beach and fish all night long while drinking.. TW meetup maybe? :D

[​IMG]Great sunset, great fun working the kayak out beyond the breakers..
    [​IMG]6 miles down the beach, the GPS told us to take a sharp LEFT (that's inland for you Californians) over the Dunes.. there was nothing but saltgrass and big ugly bushes there.. oh, and the Geo Cache shown below.
    [​IMG] My Awesome wife showing off the find, a few Hotwheels for the little one and a small lantern for the big kid.. always replace what you take with something else! leave "stuff" for the next family to find. Sadly, we were the SECOND to find.. :(
    [​IMG]We drove right up to the Cache, different for us.. we are used to having to Hike some ways to get there.

Home base was an LCRA RV park right there, it's only 4 years old and the showers are in excellent shape. Every Site has full hookups!
    [​IMG]And yes.. there was fishing there.. my 5 year is quite the fisherman.. when given the choice between playing in the ocean, and fishing.. guess what he chose.. :D
    [​IMG]

2. Aug 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    BlancoTaco08

BlancoTaco08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nice,looks like you all had a great time

3. Jul 23, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I figured since there was one that already existed, I would just add my pictures and share too.

Few Photos. Day at Matagorda Beach.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and of course we ate. Made bacon wrapped shrimp tacos with two corn on the cobs nicely grilled. :hungry:
    [​IMG]

4. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 [OP] Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    Sweet, Nice!

5. Jul 23, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    Looks great! No nuclear Mosquitos there i hope?

6. Jul 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I was there from about 11am to about 3pm and not once did i even see a mosquito. I grabbed a jelly fish by accident out of the water, though. anyways, none that I felt or anything.

7. Jul 24, 2010 at 1:18 AM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    Hmmm, maybe there is something neat in Texas!

8. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    barneybwilde

barneybwilde Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Looking to buy
    Matagorda is awesome, I live in Bay City and love going down to the beach! Can't wait till I get my Tacoma and ride some trails!

9. Aug 1, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    Sac1

Sac1 Member

Member:
    I work offshore & one of our yards in in Sabine Pass, TX. It is free to drive up & down the beach. You can go pretty far, but not near as far as you used to.

10. Aug 9, 2011 at 5:36 AM
    SoTexTacoma

SoTexTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    AllOver, TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRDOffroad
    BP-51 w/Dakars MobTown Hybrid Bumper All-Pro skids Redline Hood Struts AllPro bed bars
    Hmmmm. I'm in Victoria and this looks like a neat trip. Looking at a map, Do you begin in Matagorda and drive UP to Sargent? Also, are you driving on the north or south side of Matagorda East Bay?

11. Aug 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Hey, you have to get a beach permit there in Matagorda at the Citgo store (you'll see it) to drive on the beach. 9-10.00 per yr. Then go down to the beach and take a left going north. Sargeant is about 20 miles north. You go most of the way there but there is water between you and Sargeant when at the end. You can see it accross the water. You are driving along the beach which would be the south side of Matagorda Bay.

Here is a pic of the store in Matagorda where 60 hits the beach rd, 60 is in background where stop sign is....
    [​IMG]

Here is the end where Sargeant is accross the water..........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fun along the way........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Ford acronym = Found On Reef Dead..........
    [​IMG]

Weather that day. Foggy!......
    [​IMG]

My old silver 05 was prerunner and didn't air down, had balding NTGs & didn't get stuck so you shouldn't have any problems with 4wd.

12. Mar 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    kolby34

kolby34 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kolby
    Kyle, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015, Tundra TSS 4x4
    6" BDS lift, on 35x12.5 R20s
    I live in Sealy and we go to Matagorda and Sargent a few times a year. Never been wheeling down it though. We should get a bunch of us this Summer

Products Discussed in

To Top