Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

LEGO building

Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
LEGO building

so, i am working on LEGO Universe which is funded by LEGO. through this funding, they also supply us with all the LEGO pieces that were ever made. we get weekly deliveries of LEGOs that take up several pallets. our studio has the 3rd largest collection of LEGOs in the country.

everyone at the studio is encouraged to build whatever they want so i have been building stuff ever since i started there (i wish i could take pictures of all the stuff that others have built in there... its amazing).

recently, i started to build a shelf out of LEGOs, but it slowly morphed into a goblin tourture chamber scene. check it out...

we have about 20 isles of LEGOs:

that are 8 racks deep

here is what i came up with

its built to hang on a wall

Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool!

Um.....also were you not loved as a child?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
wow and i thought the house i built as a kid took skill

looks awesome!!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Fuckin badass dude. I would love a job like that. I loved legos when i was a kid.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
you have the best job ever, I use to love building all kinds of crazy stuff with legos
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Where do I apply? Here's my lawnmower...

Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
haha wow that seems like an awesome job man! looks good!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
i would go APE if i was a little kid again...
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
I hate you. just kidding. but i do want your job. I miss the technics. how about hooking up a fellow tw member on were i can buy some of the old school legos.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #16
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
you are NEVER too old for LEGO's
indeed.

my job isnt to build legos (but there are 2 dudes there whos job IT IS to build legos. they hold the title of "lego build master". seriously... the shit they build is awesome).
i am actually the configuration manager in charge of all the build systems for the team. its just... alot of times, i am waiting for code to be compiled and for gigs of files to be copied to the game servers, so i have some time to kill

if you are looking for a job in game devlopment, you can check out the Netdevil website.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Where do I apply? Here's my lawnmower...

nice dude
Old 06-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
That's awesome man. I love lego's... always have. I still have a spaceship I built in a box somewhere (probably in a few pieces) I used to always play with as a kid.

So now the real question, when are you building a 1:1 scale lego tacoma?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I saved ALL of my Legos from growing up. I can't wait to give them to my son in a few years... He's 2 1/2 now & he'll still try to turn the little pieces into a snack...
I sold most of mine in a garage sale a few years ago...$50 bucks (I estimate over $1.5k invested during childhood)...I began regretting this decision about 6 months ago.

Oh well, the kid who has them now is likely enjoying them. Whatever; I hate that little rat.