Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A "little" off-roading tonight... 1:10 scale

Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
Tower Hobbies and RC Planet are best shops online.
indeed. tower hobbies is a very good shop to buy from.

and RCP for the high end parts.
http://rcpcrawlers.com/
Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #23
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
That first picture looks like it is a full size.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
Those are awesome!!! But why not spend the $500-$1000 on your real truck?
ya... i built this about 4 years ago. i agree, now, i would spend that money on my tacoma.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!! RC trucks are like Tacomas. You WILL spend too much money on them. You WILL mod the shit out of it. (hence $1200 Titan) Your other half WILL grow to hate them.

haha... ya. i ended up making one for my wife so that we could share in the experience... it was easier to justify
Old 09-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Do i see rear steer?
nope, just front steering.

i used to have 4 wheel steering on it, but it makes it more difficult to make it up steep terrain.

using aftermarket knuckles and CV joints on the front allows for a greater steering angle. so it makes up for not having 4 wheel steering.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #27
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
this one is about $1200, but its all custom built with high end parts. i finally have the drive train bullet proof. i think the weakest point on the drive train is the hub that attaches to the rim. the rim can flex and pop the hub which will strip it. i could upgrade the rims, but they broke yet so i will wait.

EDIT:
ohh... the weakest point on the truck is the horn on the steering servo, but its cheap and easy to replace.

i custom built one for my wife for about $600, however.

the cost depends on how strong you want to build it. i got tired of replacing steering knuckles, gears, and axles so i replaced them with these:
http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=17&page=1
That's wild. Just like the real thing just itty bity.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Ah ok. I have an older Losi. Crammed a bunch of lead weights in the wheels, it at least gets a little better traction than it did when I bought it.
sweet.

ya, i did the same thing. i added about 4 oz of lead weights in each wheel so now they each weight about 1/2 pound. that makes a huge difference in traction.