Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A "little" off-roading tonight... 1:10 scale

Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
A "little" off-roading tonight... 1:10 scale

so, a storm was rolling in, the sun was going down, and the temperature dropped to the low 80's. so i figured i would get in a little RC rock crawling while there was still light and it was comfortable outside.

there is a large piece of land next to my apartment complex that was planned for devlopment, but the work never got kicked off. there are a bunch of stacks of concrete and debris so its perfect for crawling.

so here are some pics

and here is a short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx15Bwdn_tA
Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Careful!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
looks fun. i have thought about gettin into that but dont have the money right now to do that. maybe in a few years
Old 07-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
It's cool that you accurately aired down for crawling
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
taco G will become famous soon enoughtaco G will become famous soon enough
taco G's Tacoma Gallery
those are my future tires
Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
you should get a toyota body for that thing, we all know a nissan couldn't do that!!!
i wish! i have yet to find a 1:10 toyota truck body.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #9

hmm.... heres a tundra body.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTL60&P=7

that wouldnt be blasphemy, would it?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
whats the cost of one of those
Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
excellent use of the colorado mountains
Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
whats the cost of one of those
this one is about $1200, but its all custom built with high end parts. i finally have the drive train bullet proof. i think the weakest point on the drive train is the hub that attaches to the rim. the rim can flex and pop the hub which will strip it. i could upgrade the rims, but they broke yet so i will wait.

EDIT:
ohh... the weakest point on the truck is the horn on the steering servo, but its cheap and easy to replace.

i custom built one for my wife for about $600, however.

the cost depends on how strong you want to build it. i got tired of replacing steering knuckles, gears, and axles so i replaced them with these:
http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=17&page=1
Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #13
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
if only i had the money
Old 07-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
i had no idea they were that expensive! do they have one that is less expensive like under 200?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know how good that axial rock crawler is? I know its not going to be the best but is it decent?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #16
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
You can get a axial rock crawler for around $200 and the Traxxas Slash 2wd racer for $200
im guessin a 4wd is alot more expensive?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i had no idea they were that expensive! do they have one that is less expensive like under 200?
walmart?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
So for all that money, why does it have a nissan body?
cause when i built it, i had a silver nissan titan. i just havent had to replace the body in a while
Old 07-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #19

Quote:
you can get a RTR axial for about $300
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXZEW1**&P=ML

thats a good place to start and, as you break parts, you will see what the cheaper parts are
Old 07-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #20
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
okay, that is just awesome.