Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How many?

Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
How many?

How many of us on TW are under 18? Just curious to see how many of us like to mod our trucks as soon as we get them
Old 06-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine 2 months before I turned 16 and I turned 17 in March too.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Damn lucky kids these days... my gawd, my first car was when I was 18 and it was the worst piece of chit you'd ever wanna drive.
x2!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
first car i got was my evo 8 and i regret it because i destroyed it. i was not mature enough for that car. i was 16 at the time. do not get me wrong, i loved the car i just wish i had gotten better care of it. i think getting your own things makes take care of them more. and so far i've taken care of my taco pretty good. cheers
Old 06-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
My first car was so old it said 'Datsun' on the steering wheel. And I use the term steering wheel loosly. It was an iron ring. The tires were the size of most spare tires these days. That I ever snagged some ass in that thing is a miracle and a testament to my impeccable game.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
x2!
x3!!!

my first car,when i was 18, was an 88 buick century, which i bought from my grandma. good running car, except the complete front suspension and everything was shot after i had been driving it a while. the 2.8 v6 was decent though.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
first car i got was my evo 8 and i regret it because i destroyed it. i was not mature enough for that car. i was 16 at the time. do not get me wrong, i loved the car i just wish i had gotten better care of it. i think getting your own things makes take care of them more. and so far i've taken care of my taco pretty good. cheers

My 18 year old brother is begging me to help him buy one. I'm quite hesitant though, I don't think he can handle the speed/power of a car like that. I have a Integra Type R and a Taco. I think cars like the Type R and EVO 'force' you to drive them hard and requires as you pointed out, a more mature driver (like myself : ) ) behind the wheel.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn lucky kids these days... my gawd, my first car was when I was 18 and it was the worst piece of chit you'd ever wanna drive.
x4 my first car was a VW bug when i was 18, actually i had 3 bugs, blue white and red, then i got another car, seat ibiza, and finally my tacoma....
Old 06-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
That I ever snagged some ass in that thing is a miracle and a testament to my impeccable game.
Good one!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
x2!
Quote:
Quote:
My first car was so old it said 'Datsun' on the steering wheel. And I use the term steering wheel loosly. It was an iron ring. The tires were the size of most spare tires these days. That I ever snagged some ass in that thing is a miracle and a testament to my impeccable game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
x3!!!

my first car,when i was 18, was an 88 buick century, which i bought from my grandma. good running car, except the complete front suspension and everything was shot after i had been driving it a while. the 2.8 v6 was decent though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
My 18 year old brother is begging me to help him buy one. I'm quite hesitant though, I don't think he can handle the speed/power of a car like that. I have a Integra Type R and a Taco. I think cars like the Type R and EVO 'force' you to drive them hard and requires as you pointed out, a more mature driver (like myself : ) ) behind the wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
x4 my first car was a VW bug when i was 18, actually i had 3 bugs, blue white and red, then i got another car, seat ibiza, and finally my tacoma....
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Good one!
This thread went down hill very very quickly..... haaa.... gotta love tacomaworld....
Old 06-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
This thread went down hill very very quickly..... haaa.... gotta love tacomaworld....
yeah......we are the kings of derailment!!!

back on topic..............so who else is a youngin here?????
Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Xb
Old 06-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #15
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a buddy that has an Evo9. So far he's destroyed the transmission and transfer case. He's 20 and he isn't mature enough for it. So far he has replaced the transmission, clutch, and has to replace the transfer case. On a 2 year old, 15k mile car. He just abuses the hell out of it every time he drives it. I used to like to drive with him...but I figured my life is faaaar more important than driving in a 400hp Evo.

Quote:
My first car was so old it said 'Datsun' on the steering wheel.
Nothing wrong with Datsuns. I'd love to build up a 510 or 240z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
If he's begging you to help him buy one, you control what he gets. Get him in a GSR. Enough power for an 18 year old to have fun in, but not enough to get him easily in trouble.

Oh, and I'm 19.