Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What was your first vehicle......

Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What was your first vehicle......

Mine was a 1962 Dodge Pick up. Camper Special. 225 slant 6, 3 speed colum shift. The second "D" and the "E" were missing from the hood, and my friends had come to call it the "DOG". 1bbl. carb that was probably interchangeible with our mower, oil bath air filter so when I would climb too steep of a hill, it would smoke like a train. I would rebuild the clutch every month. Never needed an oil change as the block was cracked and I had to add 2 quarts of oil every time I would drive it. I took it on the freeway one time for a "top speed" run, and when it hit 62 mph, the mirrors fell off. The thing was a TANK! It would never die! It would run like shit, but it would never die.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
1999 Ford Mustang V6. The color was Electric Green. Head gasket started leaking in 2001. I really loved that car, and you hardly ever saw one in the same color.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
1988 Dodge 600 2.5L 4cyl. I know what your thinking.......sexy!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
I got my license in 1993 and my dad gave me a 1985 'beat up' Datsun pick up truck. It was silver with a black and blue stripe, xtra cab, 4 cylinder, and automatic. It took a quart of oil a week, top speed about 50 m.p.h. with a huge cloud of black smoke coming out of the tail pipe. It had a nice sound system and that was what really mattered to me and my friends. I was suppose to drive it to and from school but ended up skipping school and going to the beach or to the bar on most days. Man, those were the 'good ol' days'.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Nissan SE-R. Sold after 6 miserable weeks of having a car that was in the shop 1/2 the time I owned and needed to be repainted, it only 800 miles on it when I sold it. Bought first week in November, sold the day after Christmas.

The day following that, I bought my Taco.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
1939 International Pickup with no bed and eventually it had no cab either!! It stayed on the farm and was never legal on the highway but it was great!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
88 buick century, with the 2.8 v6.(bought it off my grandma). that car was good to me for a good while, then the complete front suspension went to shit, but overall.....good car. i put around 80k on it before trading it for a 2000 ford ranger.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
1965 Chrysler 300 370HP 413ci 4bbl low wide overchromed 5000lbs of ROOOOLLLLLING THUNDAAAAH!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
1992 VW Bug.... that thing was even fuel injection and had a computer LOL, oh my, i love bugs, hopefully ill get one later....
Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was a 79' Ford fairmont with a monster 2.3L 4 Banger in it.

Looked something like this.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
1992 VW Bug.... that thing was even fuel injection and had a computer LOL, oh my, i love bugs, hopefully ill get one later....
Was that the classic Bug that's made in Mexico which wasnt available in the USA?
Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #12
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
1983 Civic.....Bought it off my folks when they got an '87.I couldn't kill that car....and God knows I tried.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Mine was a 79' Ford fairmont with a monster 2.3L 4 Banger in it.
Cherry! My buddy had one in highschool. He bought it off some old lady.....it had 16k original miles on it in 96'.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #14
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
1992 Civic. I acquired this gem when the car was 13 years old with 160k miles on it. It died a year ago...but it had to put up with a lot of shit from me and my brother. It was a 5 speed, and both my brother and I learned how to operate a clutch on it. Transmission and clutch were original and in good shape even when it died a year ago with 165k on it. Thing was a tank...

Old 06-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #15
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
1969 vw bug you can see the red custom exhaust I made it. With dual dellorto double barrel carbs, custom cam, big valve high lift heads, electronic ignition and my custom merged header dual inline muffler exhaust it was fast, quiet, and got 40+ mpg, 45 mpg on trips. I miss that car.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #16
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
1971......Vega. Original color was brown I think, but years of neglect by the previous owner(s) and rust took its toll. 3 spd stick. I painted it purple one afternoon in my dad's driveway. I didn't know you were supposed to sand the the paint down smooth, I thought the wax I put on it the following day would take care of it. It looked like sh*t. But hey, it was my first car.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
1971......Vega. Original color was brown I think, but years of neglect by the previous owner(s) and rust took its toll. 3 spd stick. I painted it purple one afternoon in my dad's driveway. I didn't know you were supposed to sand the the paint down smooth, I thought the wax I put on it the following day would take care of it. It looked like sh*t. But hey, it was my first car.
My Uncle was an anesthesiologist and a car nut. As soon as he got wind of the Vega in '71 he put in an order. He got like the third one produced. It was the coolest car at that time. His was gold with a thick black stripe hood, roof and trunk. I remember all his mucketymuck colleagues pouring over that car.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

1989 Volvo 240DL...what a tank...i drove that beast for 7 years...bought it for $1 from my aunt and uncle my sr year in high school and beat the piss out of it thru college and 2 years after...sold it to my mechanic for $1000 and it wasnt running and drove my granddads ranger for 6 months until i found the truck i wanted in 2005

when i got it it had 120K on the odo...the odo quit working at 185K and i drove it almost an entire year after that

my mechanic fixed it and turned around and sold it to a friend of mine's brother who is still driving it

damn good car...power windows/locks...top of the line back in 89

i blacked out the windows...had 2 rockford 12's on a kicker 1000watt comp amp in it...i was pimpin in that biatch
Old 06-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #19
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
71 Pontiac Catilina 2 door. It had a 400 with 2 barrell (dad was not as dumb as I thought he was), a single speaker AM radio and a bench seat. Gold on gold. Wish I had a picture of it.
At the time my mom was driving a 72 T-bird. White w/black interior (buckets and loaded). I always wanted to borrow her car. This was in 1983.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #20
VsTacoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Air Force:
VsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My dad was military. We were in Italy and I had a Fiat 250, 2 cyl. I don't know the year, but if I was a guessing man I'd say 1985. It was a riot! Insert key and turn, then pull up choke which was located between the seats, then pull up starter located next to choke. The fluid for the wipers was push button...literally; it worked like a squirt gun. It was the type car when you reved the engin the lights got brighter...some of you know the type. To parallel park I'd pull the nose up behind a car then w/my back to the car I'd reach under the rear fender and lift and bounce the back end toward the curb till it was out of the street. I kid you not. I can't remember how many party nights I'd forget to turn the key and have friends push me all over parking lots as I tried to pop the clutch. Once I realized my oversight, I'd have them push me one more time promising it'd work. It did,...he, he. If I was going 60 kmh I was hauling azz! I was in HS and I thought I was cool, cool, cool!