Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Hiked Mt Whitney July 9-10, 2010 14,497 ft PICS!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
sweet man.. looks like a lot of fun!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #22
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice hike & pics!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #23
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the comments guys.

if your thinking about hiking whitney... do it. it's such a cool adventure
Old 07-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #24
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting the pics! What an incredible place.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Great Hike- Very nice pics- thanks for sharing.

You should look into the Arizona Trail. It's a great state long hike. Now a National Scenic Trail. I've done 200 miles of it so far in sections.

WWW.AZTRAIL.ORG

Azbackcountry
Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Nice pics.

I'll be climbing the East Buttress on Whitney in September. Should be fun.

Off to Wyoming next week though to bag some peaks in the Wind River range.
Spent 7 days out in the wind river range a couple years back, don't forget to pick up your passes for the reservation land, they REALLY frown on you not having buying them.

Amazing place though, and you probably won't run into any other hikers, we never did for a seven day trip. The hike up to the divide is pretty sweet too, i think it's only 11,600 at the pass over the divide, but the lakes are still frozen in August. (trust me, I fell into one clowning around like a dumbass, luckily I had taken my pack off)
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #27
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
awesome pics man! I have been trying to get some people together to do that climb.
do it man. i already want to do it again. you have to submit a form and they pick you through a lottery system. you cant just show up and hike, you have to have a permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post
Great Hike- Very nice pics- thanks for sharing.

You should look into the Arizona Trail. It's a great state long hike. Now a National Scenic Trail. I've done 200 miles of it so far in sections.

WWW.AZTRAIL.ORG

Azbackcountry
that looks really cool. i'll have to add that to the list of places to go
Old 07-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #29
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics matt. I just got back from there a couple days ago. I was near Big Pine though. I need to do that climb sometime. I went up for our annual offroad trip (quads and utvs). 200+ miles over 2 days. We went up to Mazurka peak(looking across the valley from whitney it would be somewhere to the left, it has the cell repeaters on it) which was about 10,000 feet. Really fun, hot temps though. Lots of beautiful country up there. Last ones of Mazurka peak btw. Sorry for the thread jack

Hiked Mt Whitney July 9-10, 2010 14,497 ft  PICS!!!-aoa-2010-2.jpg

Hiked Mt Whitney July 9-10, 2010 14,497 ft  PICS!!!-aoa-2010-14.jpg

Hiked Mt Whitney July 9-10, 2010 14,497 ft  PICS!!!-aoa-2010-15.jpg

Hiked Mt Whitney July 9-10, 2010 14,497 ft  PICS!!!-aoa-2010-16.jpg

Hiked Mt Whitney July 9-10, 2010 14,497 ft  PICS!!!-aoa-2010-17.jpg
Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #30
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Yeah, it's an awesome trip.

How did you like crapping in a bag and hauling it out?

Last year, my girlfriend and I did an 8-day trip starting at Onion Valley / Kearsarge Pass in the north, came down the JMT, and went up Whitney from the back side. It was epic.

Here is the lake just before Kearsarge Pass:

Here is my after-Whitney cheesebuger and beer pic:

Is that Big Pothole? I forgot the name of that one. I hiked up to that point and stopped. Just a few hours hike. I'd love to keep going.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #31
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
holy balls thats gorgeous!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #32
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Is that Big Pothole? I forgot the name of that one. I hiked up to that point and stopped. Just a few hours hike. I'd love to keep going.
I'm not sure of the name without a good map, which I don't have handy at the moment, but that sounds right. It is the very last lake before the pass. We got chased off the pass by a nasty thunderstom and got pelted by hail about 15 minutes after this shot. The lakes just on the other side, below the Kearsage Pinnacles (to the left/west of this photo) are just gorgeous, too. Great for a 2-3 day backpack. But it is pretty popular for JMT access and resupply.

Ooops, I mean it is an awful place that no one should ever go to. You just won't have fun, it isn't pretty, and there are lots of bugs and vicious grizzly bears. Hundreds of them. Nothing to see here, move along..