Notices

This was funny

Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Western Alliance
bauermike is on a distinguished road

Army: 25th Inf Div STRYKER, 10th Mountain DIV
bauermike's Tacoma Gallery
This was funny

So I wanted to share with you all the very first load I made with my Tacoma. I loaded up an 8 foot, 300 lb statue of the Incredible Hulk. The statue is being donated to a comic book store in El Paso, TX. On our 7 mile drive to our house before we left for El Paso, we were one crazy sight! Photos were taken by passerby's and at almost every stoplight we were offered money for the statue. The highest bid was $2,000, but the statue will still be donated to the comic book store. Hope you get a kick out of it!

Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
That's badass!!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Don't cut me off because it makes me angry.....and you won't like it when I'm angry.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
Western Alliance

it was funny how the ropes were placed... looked as if he was trying to break free from them. haha
Old 06-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
LOL funny, you should have put some chains instead, for a more dramatic effect
Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
that thing weights 550 lbs... I guess you did not have any problems with the rear suspension bottoming out. Nice!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
what was it made outof?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
That is awesome! Great pics... I have a new desktop now!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #11
Western Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
what was it made outof?

It is somw kind of resin with 2X4's in the inside. It is really heavy at the bottom and light at the top. We are driving it to El Paso tommorrow, this time on a trailer though.

When we left the theatre, we thought it would have been a better sight to use chains. The purple repelling rope just doesnt do it
Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #12
Western Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
that thing weights 550 lbs... I guess you did not have any problems with the rear suspension bottoming out. Nice!!!!!!

I dont even think it flexed the suspension at all. Makes me know I bought a great truck!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tacoma: Tough enough to contain the Incredible Hulk.

Great pictures........My son woulda freaked if I pulled him up next to something like that!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #14
Western Alliance

I was wrong on the weight. It was a little over 300 lbs. Felt like more than 500 though. We moved it into the comic book store today. And the owner gets all of his new comics in tommorow... so it was perfect timing with the big rush of people he will have in the store.

I am glad you all liked it as much as we did!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauermike View Post
Looks like the Hulk is trying to break out. You must have done the D-Ring Mod. I doubt the stock rings could contain the Incredible Hulk.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
THATS AWESOME!!!!

Bet Toyota would like to see that pic.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #17
Western Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Looks like the Hulk is trying to break out. You must have done the D-Ring Mod. I doubt the stock rings could contain the Incredible Hulk.

When we put the ropes on him, it was almost perfect on the way it looked as if he was trying to break free. I went and seen the movie last night, it was really good. I enjoyed Iron Man very much, and this was just as good as Iron Man. I am not really a comic book type of guy, but the movie was great to me.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #18
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
That is a great picture. I love seeing stuff like that on the highway & always take a picture so thanks for sharing it. Very cool & love the color of your truck!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #19
Western Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
That is a great picture. I love seeing stuff like that on the highway & always take a picture so thanks for sharing it. Very cool & love the color of your truck!

thanks bro...

I didnt like that color at first. But when I saw it with the black fenders I liked it. I dont care for the color-keyed bumpers and fenders on trucks unless it is lowered like the XRunner. Looks great on that model in my opinion. Driving with the hulk was pretty crazy, I thought I was going to hit every power line down the street!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #20
Western Alliance

for those of you who gave me rep for this thread...

I apreciate it! just glad that you all got a kick out of as I did