Notices

Christian or Catholic?

View Poll Results: Christian or Catholic
Christian 65 55.56%
Catholic 52 44.44%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #121
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=HBMurphy;2018756]Although it is not proof, a good movie for our Floridian brother should watch is Ben Stein's Expelled. It does shed some light on how certain adjenda's are more 'superior' than others.

I think a good movie to watch on this subject is religulous with bill maher.
i grew up with my mother and father. they together instilled the values and morals that i lead my life by today.
as i've said in previous posts i grew up going to catholic curch. i also experienced baptist,protestant and lutheran churches while i was in the USAF(anything to get out of duty)
in my opinion there were common purposes at each different church. and maybe that works for some.....good for them.
i do not need someone to tell me how to live or who i need to pray to. if we, as a people, dont understand the difference between right and wrong, we are trully doomed.
and to quote Albert Einstein "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
Old 07-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #122
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=rhodehard09;2018967]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Although it is not proof, a good movie for our Floridian brother should watch is Ben Stein's Expelled. It does shed some light on how certain adjenda's are more 'superior' than others.

I think a good movie to watch on this subject is religulous with bill maher.
i grew up with my mother and father. they together instilled the values and morals that i lead my life by today.
as i've said in previous posts i grew up going to catholic curch. i also experienced baptist,protestant and lutheran churches while i was in the USAF(anything to get out of duty)
in my opinion there were common purposes at each different church. and maybe that works for some.....good for them.
i do not need someone to tell me how to live or who i need to pray to. if we, as a people, dont understand the difference between right and wrong, we are trully doomed.
and to quote Albert Einstein "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
Bill Maher - he's a guy that is even keeled and doesn't have an ax to grind!

If I can find it in my schedule I may watch his 'work' but that guy is not someone that I personally think views things from an open perspective.

Ben on the other hand, in my opinion, is another well educated guy that is bit more open to asking questions instead of just reinforcing his agenda. That's just my opinion. My analogy of these two would be, I feel, Ben acts more like a Judge while showing people's varied opinion and Bill is the attorney that has a side that he wants to prove is right. - And remember this is my opinion that has faults!

Just one other item... You do realize that Bill Maher and many "hate any religion at almost any cost" is also a religion, right? The only sad part is because it is not as organized the tenets are somewhat scattered. What are those tenets? Every thing is free game. Religion is so old. Don't worry about others. Well, you can add your own both good and bad.

You may hear hatred from both sides from some participants of both.

For me I try to think 'Love your enemy.' it doesn't alway help me, but it is a great tenet! In my view the underlying task is to fill your heart with love not anger. As I said, I can not do that at all times but it is a great little part of my delusion and works wonders on turning what could be a bad day into a great one!

The concept of forgiveness is another great one. Part of the religion that I think you belong sees this as "Molest a child, go to heaven," cause that is what, I perceive your religion believes. - Once again, my opinion with all of it's faults.

My faith tells me if someone screws me, forgive them, for they may be acting out of fear and hatred. I don't know if they have been molested, I don't know if their child has been molested, I don't know if their home was just taken away from them - Maybe they just don't like the car I drive or the color of my shirt. I will never know!

Being that I do not know, I would rather choose, if I can find it in my heart, to forgive those that trespass on my life in a way that may spark anger or fear in me. If I can not find it in my heart at that time, I would rather ask the question, "How can I get to a point in my life that I could forgive someone that is less fortunate?" For me, that is far more useful than asking myself, "How am I going to take my anger and displace it on someone that has trespassed on the life I would like to lead?"

Thanks again for your input and I hope you have a great weekend!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #123
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
troll post: what a stupid thread for a truck website; off-topic or not, are you tring to stir up sh!t? (rhetorical question). -1
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #124
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
troll post: what a stupid thread for a truck website; off-topic or not, are you tring to stir up sh!t? (rhetorical question). -1
Maybe - then again - this is a community that is riddled with off topic stuff since this is an open community. A community that I may add is one of the largest due to the fact that it is more open to life than many others.

I belong to other boards that do nothing but trucks and that is fine. Some of the other 'truck sites' spew so much bullshit, people just throw more hate than help. I have my druthers about much on this site but it does provide something for everyone.

I thank this community for being from all ranges of people. Some people prove to me that my head is up my butt on many occasions (some may think it lives there and I am okay with that too) and I am thankful for that. Others have their heads firmly placed up their butts (from my perspective). And others that are just great people that I would have not crossed paths with if I had chosen not to participate. For that, I feel fortunate and blessed!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #125
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
HB, I'm not sure what your post had to do with mine, but thanks for quoting me nonetheless.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #126
Ban Pending

Quote:
HB, I'm not sure what your post had to do with mine, but thanks for quoting me nonetheless.
I thought you might think that I am trolling and at the others for adding to the trolling. I'm fine with it all and I kind of enjoy the resistance (in myself as well as others). Thanks for the thanks!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 AM   #128
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
bwahahaha...hah....sigh, you crazy thumpers are a never ending fountain of comedy.......and war-mongering, persecution, mis-information, suppression of facts, child molestation and hatred.
is that all you got?
Quote:
but yet you clicked on this thread.............<<now that's some stirrin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Maybe - then again - this is a community that is riddled with off topic stuff since this is an open community. A community that I may add is one of the largest due to the fact that it is more open to life than many others.

I belong to other boards that do nothing but trucks and that is fine. Some of the other 'truck sites' spew so much bullshit, people just throw more hate than help. I have my druthers about much on this site but it does provide something for everyone.

I thank this community for being from all ranges of people. Some people prove to me that my head is up my butt on many occasions (some may think it lives there and I am okay with that too) and I am thankful for that. Others have their heads firmly placed up their butts (from my perspective). And others that are just great people that I would have not crossed paths with if I had chosen not to participate. For that, I feel fortunate and blessed!
agreed on all counts......I couldn't have said it any better Murph.