Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Fuel sources

Old 06-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel sources

UN chief: Saudi Arabia to boost oil production
http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/15/mark...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Midwest flooding spurs record corn price
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080616/bs_nm/usa_flooding_dc_14

So oil production is being increased because current prices will drive folks to find alternative fuel sources, yet the brilliant idea of turning our food into fuel is already facing trouble as corn takes an Exxonish turn and hit record high prices.

I openly admit that I'll keep driving regardless of what happens. I just thought it was interesting to see these two articles in the same day. Seems that a primary alternative that's being considered is not something for the Saudi's to fear after all.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sitting here wearing my tin foil hat so I know what's happening.

They have bought futures in corn and have shorted fuel. The resulting dramatic swing in market forces will further enrich them while further depleting the savings of common people. You will soon see them driving their gas guzzling luxury vehicles fueled with cheap gas to restaurants common people will no longer be able to afford because of the explosion in food prices.

Wow... How's that for my 1500th post
Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I'm sitting here wearing my tin foil hat so I know what's happening.

They have bought futures in corn and have shorted fuel. The resulting dramatic swing in market forces will further enrich them while further depleting the savings of common people. You will soon see them driving their gas guzzling luxury vehicles fueled with cheap gas to restaurants common people will no longer be able to afford because of the explosion in food prices.

Wow... How's that for my 1500th post
You said it all in your 1500th Roland!!