Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How do you pass inspection with illegal tint?

Old 07-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
How do you pass inspection with illegal tint?

Not really sure what forum this goes in, but for those of you who have illegal tint, how do you pass inspection?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP_29 View Post
Not really sure what forum this goes in, but for those of you who have illegal tint, how do you pass inspection?
we do not have inspection in florida
Old 07-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i know some of yall are lucky and don't have to worry about it. I'm not trying to do 5% or anything, I just want about 20-25% tint on my front windows.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah i know some of yall are lucky and don't have to worry about it. I'm not trying to do 5% or anything, I just want about 20-25% tint on my front windows.
i got 20% in my s10 years ago... the only time we have to worry is if we are pulled over and the cop notices
Old 07-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Where in NC are you? PM me if you are in Raleigh area.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
I have no clue how inspection goes... but if i know i am about to pass a cop with my tint... I roll down the windows for a sec and roll back up....

I don't know if you can just roll your windows down for the inspection.

Just a thought
Old 07-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
go back into the past to whe you were 4 years old and convince your mom to have another son. that son must grow up to be a mechanic that lives in the same area as you. then you go to your brother for inspection and he passes you with no charge or actual inspection
Old 07-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #9

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I have no clue how inspection goes... but if i know i am about to pass a cop with my tint... I roll down the windows for a sec and roll back up....

I don't know if you can just roll your windows down for the inspection.

Just a thought
Well, the reason I even ask is because when I was getting my oil changed a few weeks ago, they had a poster with everything they check for inspection and I saw that tint on the windows was one of the things they check.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know about NC but in VA tint isnt a part of the state safety inspection so thats how I passed. I would recommend you call a state inspector and ask them if they check your tint level during inspection.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
go back into the past to whe you were 4 years old and convince your mom to have another son. that son must grow up to be a mechanic that lives in the same area as you. then you go to your brother for inspection and he passes you with no charge or actual inspection

x2 this should work....

Quote:
Well, the reason I even ask is because when I was getting my oil changed a few weeks ago, they had a poster with everything they check for inspection and I saw that tint on the windows was one of the things they check.
Oh!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Make friends at the inspection place...been running 5s for years
Old 07-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Find a local/private inspection station who will ignore the stupid shit like that. Probably cost you a hundred bux or whatever, but better than going through the hassle of removing and retinting.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
hookups. ask around.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i have a shop do it.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Just walk in and ask one of the techs if they will pass you with the tint. Most of them don't care. Also it isn't very high on there list to piss off a good customer with BS.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to say................I remember when I was in high school buddy got a doctors order to have his windows tinted due to a condition he had.........Even if I found a hook up around here the LA Sheriff would still pull me over..................Try getting Nevada plates on your truck...maybe that would help????????????
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
afwifenc is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
afwifenc's Tacoma Gallery
Car Inspection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
Where in NC are you? PM me if you are in Raleigh area.
I need my husbands car inspected and the tint is way to dark for NC. It was reg is NJ before but now it's reg in NC. He is deployed and I don't want to take the tint off until he returns. I'm in Eastern in but I'm willing to travel to Raleigh, etc. I will need a place that checks emissions because our county requires that. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2thegreat View Post
I dont know about NC but in VA tint isnt a part of the state safety inspection so thats how I passed. I would recommend you call a state inspector and ask them if they check your tint level during inspection.
I thought that window tint was part of the inspection in VA.