Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

This is puzzling

Old 06-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
This is puzzling

Apparently, those who live in the gulf states can get all sorts of goodies for their vehicles that the rest of us cannot. Why is that? Some back room agreement? Are the gulf states residents so beguiled by shiny things and a multitude of options that they will mortgage their houses and sell their own kin for these things?

Also, I can understand that Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas are considered gulf states as they, well, DO surround the Gulf of Mexico. But Arkansas? North Carolina? South Carolina? Oklahoma?

And why is Arkansas pronounced R-Can-Saw instead of R-Kan-Zas?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
What sort of goodies can we get just because we're in the gulf states?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
joe, Let us know how Iron Madien was!!! TAKE PICS!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:48 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
And why is Arkansas pronounced R-Can-Saw instead of R-Kan-Zas?
Thats funny man thats what I call it R-Kan-Zas. Up here in the northeast all of the trucks on the lots are bone stock.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
What sort of goodies can we get just because we're in the gulf states?
Well, we are looking to get a Rav4(yeah I know ) and the multitude of sh*t that I can order a Rav4 with is incredible.
Example:
6 different wheel/tire combos
5 different dvd entertainment combos
Something called extra mile options-there's 9 of those
9 different leather seating combos
Preferred premium packages
Make it mine packages
Back up camera systems
Remote start system
3 different seat heater options-this one is strange, though, they get cold weather in the gulf states?
Satellite radio options
And so on and so on....
Old 06-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, we are looking to get a Rav4(yeah I know ) and the multitude of sh*t that I can order a Rav4 with is incredible.
Example:
6 different wheel/tire combos
5 different dvd entertainment combos
Something called extra mile options-there's 9 of those
9 different leather seating combos
Preferred premium packages
Make it mine packages
Back up camera systems
Remote start system
3 different seat heater options-this one is strange, though, they get cold weather in the gulf states?
Satellite radio options
And so on and so on....
hey joe........the rav-4 is a sweet ride man. the v6 is stout as hell, but even the 4 banger is a great ride, and they are really comfortable.......plus....its a toyota. sticking with the family.....you cant go wrong!!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Iron Maiden ROCKED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
joe, Let us know how Iron Madien was!!! TAKE PICS!!!
THE SHOW ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like I had been transported to 1985. They played a few off of DOD and a few off of AMOLAD but most of the set was Powerslave, Somewhere, and Piece, with some of the goodies off of Number, Killers, and IM.

I want to say that there were 10,000 people at the show but I'm not sure. Bruce can still the highs, man he sounded fkn awesome! A bunch of people brought their families, there were kids as young as 5 there. Bunch of mullets, leather jackets, chains, skimpy-dressed ladies and skimpy-dressed too fkn old to be dressing like that, especially when you're "not in shape" ladies . Oh and acid-washed jeans, white high top sneakers, old concert shirts turned into wife beaters, I am not sh*tting you. I felt out of place in my polo shorts and polo shirt.(j/k)

My wife's going to freak when she finds out how much I spent on tour merch. And beer. AND more beer. Christ, I think I went thru three packs of cigarettes while I was there. I'm gonna post the pictures I took when I get them downloaded. I took video as well, but I'm not sure how they turned out.

Oh, and during powerslave, Bruce yelled:

"Scream for me Baltimore!"
Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey joe........the rav-4 is a sweet ride man. the v6 is stout as hell, but even the 4 banger is a great ride, and they are really comfortable.......plus....its a toyota. sticking with the family.....you cant go wrong!!
I wouldn't mind it if I wasn't getting rid of MY truck to buy my WIFE a new Rav4. What really sucks is I will be stuck driving her car, a CIVIC. With 92,000 miles on it. A sedan no less.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wouldn't mind it if I wasn't getting rid of MY truck to buy my WIFE a new Rav4. What really sucks is I will be stuck driving her car, a CIVIC. With 92,000 miles on it. A sedan no less.
sometimes....you gotta do what you gotta do. it sucks to get rid of your truck, but it goes like that i reckon. at least the civic will be awesome on gas man. im driving my wifes accord to work now that gas is so damned high.......good thing too........about 35 miles to the gallon.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #10
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sucks man tint all the windows real dark so no one can see you in it.