Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery

I definitely recommend the movie 300 to watch this season. awesome plot if you appreciate the art and war battle strategy in greek mythology, this movie is for you. I am already looking forward to purchase the dvd. the art, history and ofcourse the fight scenes ladies let's not forget those men with their six pack ABS!!! a definite plus !!!!! anyway go watch it. post your own personal review here or if you have any movies you would like to recommend.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
I definitely recommend the movie 300 to watch this season. awesome plot if you appreciate the art and war battle strategy in greek mythology, this movie is for you. I am already looking forward to purchase the dvd. the art, history and ofcourse the fight scenes ladies let's not forget those men with their six pack ABS!!! a definite plus !!!!! anyway go watch it. post your own personal review here or if you have any movies you would like to recommend.
Actually not Greek Mythology. A True battle that happened around 480 BC called the Battle Of Thermopylae. And of course it is a Frank Miller adaptation which is worth viewing in its self.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
AntonioCorleone is on a distinguished road

AntonioCorleone's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed, great movie, if anyone has'nt seen it yet you really should, a definate must see!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully going tomorrow. Looks awesome!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #5
sandie is on a distinguished road

sandie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sandie Send a message via Yahoo to sandie Send a message via Skype™ to sandie
will be seeing it on IMAX this weekend! YAY!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #7
Golf77 is on a distinguished road
Golf77's Tacoma Gallery
I saw it last weekend. Very enjoyable, though bloody.

Many of the quotes are accurate to the historical record. When the Persians say "our arrows will blot out the sun", the Greeks reply "so much the better, we shall fight in the shade" is taken from historical accounts.

This battle, and the Greeks subsequent destruction of Xerxes army shortly thereafter stopped the Persian expansion into Europe and set the stage for Alexander to return the favor about 150 years later when he defeated Darius at Gaugamela and went on to conquer most of Asia...
Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
I too loved this movie although it lacks a little in story line and plot development but thats actually a good thing for this movie, anymore and it would have been too Hollywood. This movie is visually stunning, the cinematography excellent; hard to believe it was all shot in studio.
My friend Costa is Greek (by that I mean his family is from Greece not but a few miles from Sparta) and he said there was only one major historical inaccuracy in the movie...none of the men were hairy enough to be Greeks.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wtfsrsly.com/sparta.php
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
sandie is on a distinguished road

sandie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sandie Send a message via Yahoo to sandie Send a message via Skype™ to sandie
i saw this on imax this weekend...VERY entertaining! i recommend seeing it on imax if you have the opportunity...it's really awesome.
OH! lotsa gorgeous half naked men which always makes me happy
Old 03-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #11
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
bob that link is crazy..... but really funny THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #12
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Saw it in IMAX. It was cool.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
"with your shield or on it" is an actual quote mothers and wives said to their sons/husbands before they left for battle. come back victorious or come back dead.