1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on dealing with a difficult coworker

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by yotanator, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jul 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Hi Katie,
    start documenting what this dude says to you, I would mention to the supervisor that this has been happening and its not appropriate and unprofessional. If you dont get any satisfaction from him, which it sounds like you wont, then talk to the owner, have a grievance written about your coworker and have it with you, you can make the decision to submit it or not afterwards. Either way, his behavior and your supervisors are unacceptable. The best thing to do, IMO, is to deal with it and bring it up soon, otherwise it could just become the norm rather than the exception.
    Josh

2. Jul 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    yotanator

yotanator [OP] Not your average girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    Thanks for the advice :). I hadn't thought about documenting things.

3. Jul 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    No worries dude, Better to have information on paper than trying to remember all the times he messed with you and your supervisor did nothing. Plus if you have to file an HR complaint, it'll count as ammo against the guy.

4. Jul 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    Exactly. I had to do that when I was dealing with getting sexually harrassed BIG TIME at my old firehouse. :mad: I was going to file a restraining order it got so bad and the documentation really helped.

5. Jul 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Not only that, but if you feel this is (or can be) and abuse type of case..... take notice to if any of your co-workers are experiencing the same things. Also, you have to tell him face-to-face that his behavior makes you feel *uncomfortable* and if he continues, you will report him.

If he doesn't listen to your warnings - then by all means....report him to your H/R department. This will get 'something' on file.
    Harrassment is all sorts of things, not always sexual. It can be anything that makes you feel *uncomfortable* in nature. Being disrespected isn't a comfortable way to work.

Good Luck!!
    For the most part, I hope you can talk to this guy and set him straight. If he doesn't wanna play the easy way, then you can force it the hard way.

6. Jul 25, 2010 at 4:16 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Thanks Janster! I do feel like I'm walking on egg shells when I'm there, so definitely uncomfortable. I will say something to him next time he erupts.

7. Jul 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    I'm definitely going to say something along these lines next time he does something.

Products Discussed in

To Top