Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A question for fathers...especially ones with girls

Old 07-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
A question for fathers...especially ones with girls

As the father of a 2yr old, I haven't run into this problem yet. But I have thought about it and want to know how others will handle it.

Let's say you're walking around Home Depot with your 5yr old daughter - the wife is back at the house and you are the solo parent. Now let's assume those 2 dozen hot wings you ate the night before start knocking on the door - and it's going to be explosive!

Do you bring the poor kid into the stall with you?
Do you subject them to the awfulness that is about to come out of you?
If so, wouldn't that traumatize them for life?

This problem would exist for any child from age 3-10. Any older and they probably do not need to join you in the bathroom festivities.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I make my kids wait right outside the door in the store knowing that I have to be fast, its in, get the TP ready and go.. but I also live in a very good location in Wisconsin with little to no crime.

Oh yeah..probably tramatized for life if you bring them in the stall. And boy how they will tell everyone...
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Rule 1 is you don't eat toxic foods before taking kids shopping with you...then it's never an issue. In an emergency situation I'd have them wait inside as close to the door as possible with hands over their ears with eyes shut facing the wall.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
... as close to the door as possible with hands over their ears with eyes shut facing the wall.
hahaha
Old 07-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
hahaha
x2 sounds like he's done it a couple times too. Good idea, thanks for the advice but my kids are older now.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
cant tell you about girls,but my 3 boys would get a kick out of that.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar incident a few months ago with my 3 year old son. He laughed his ass off when I let go. I had him in the stall with me ( I use the handicapped stall on the rare occasions when I have to let loose in a store when he's with me).
Old 07-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
sinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nice
Name: Derek
sinjun's Tacoma Gallery
Poop... Even the nasty kind is not going to phase a 2yr old. Boys or girls they are facincated by that sort of thing at a young age.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I can't help but eat toxic foods. Hot wings and beer...mmmmm!

The downside is that it will want to eject itself without much warning. I don't think I would be comfortable leaving a 4yr old on the other side of the closed stall. Pretty sure I would need to bring her in with me. I do NOT look forward to that!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjun View Post
Poop... Even the nasty kind is not going to phase a 2yr old. Boys or girls they are facincated by that sort of thing at a young age.
That's right...and I haven't run into this problem yet. But she won't stay that age for long and my bowls will keep firing on all cylinders. It's the 3-6 age that I fear the most.

But even older...like 7yrs old. Would you feel comfortable having her on the outside of the stall in the MENS bathroom? The sicko's that walk in there and see a little girl alone in the bathroom. I would definitely be quick to make my voice heard but still...things can happen real quick.

And inside or outside the stall...they are still subjected to the noise and smell associated with my explosions.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #12
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
I bring them in and use the handicap stall. I have to say i don't trust strangers around my kids, especially in a bathroom. I have a 5 yr old girl and a 3 yr old boy. There are too many weirdo's out there.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 4 yr old girl here. That's happened to me and she goes where I go. Makes her tougher.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #14
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOERanger View Post
I have a 4 yr old girl here. That's happened to me and she goes where I go. Makes her tougher.
Yep. As a bonus, when I had to do this with my 5 yo girl (amazingly at Home Depot also) she started to sing "I love poop... I love pee" over and over. I could hear laughing in the hall outside the BR as people passed by then we burst into 2 minutes of uncontrollable laughing.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
I would make a beeline for the paint department and get a respirator and some chemical proof goggles. I agree she should accompany you in the handicapped stall. At 2 to 4 years old, she probably wouldn't remember the side trip. I wouldn't take a chance of someone grabbing her while you're indisposed.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
I would make a beeline for the paint department and get a respirator and some chemical proof goggles. I agree she should accompany you in the handicapped stall. At 2 to 4 years old, she probably wouldn't remember the side trip. I wouldn't take a chance of someone grabbing her while you're indisposed.
Don't forget ear muffs.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 AM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
I wouldn't take a chance of someone grabbing her while you're indisposed.
When it comes to kid's safety, there's no such thing as indisposed.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #19
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Just had that happen to me about a week ago. I have a son so not as big of a deal. He is 5yo, we where at Mcdonalds, and I guess the quarter pounder hit me about 20 mins after I ate it. I was sitting there watching him play on the playset there and it hit me! Don't you hate whe you start to sweat?! So he came with me. I would'nt feel right leaving him so he has to deal with it. I go in with him when he goes so I owed him! Not to make this a long story, but my son is sneaky, he knows I'm having a weak moment and he tries to use that against me! Specially at home he knows I can't get up for a few mins and he can run wild!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #20
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is awesome!