1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beat the gas prices, PLEASE READ AND SPREAD THE WORD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hail-bop Command, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Jun 22, 2008 at 7:22 PM
    hail-bop Command

hail-bop Command [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I Don't Crawl I Haul A$$!
    Exxon and Mobil are the biggest suppliers of foreign oil. THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!It's worth your consideration.Join the resistance!!!!We need to take some intelligent, united action.The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas .It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.PLEASE REPOST THIS BULLETIN AND GET IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS!Acting together we can make a difference.If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.THIS CAN REALLY WORK

2. Jun 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    These never work. Sorry.

3. Jun 22, 2008 at 7:42 PM
    jonny_jard

jonny_jard Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    Exxon is signing my checks, please don't pick on them...

4. Jun 22, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    hail-bop Command

hail-bop Command [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I Don't Crawl I Haul A$$!
    Don't apologize, I don't hold my hopes on every word you say...
    :p

5. Jun 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    It wont work. Oil companies make only a small % off every gallon you buy. Their profit margine is the same if its $5.00 a gallon or $1.00 a gallon. The fuel prices are driven by market speculation. Aside from actual cost of production, transporting, and the like, the biggest group that makes money off the gas is the Government. They make about 5 times the % off every gallon that sells than the oil companies do. The best way to get lower gas prices is to contact your senator and congressman. :)

6. Jun 22, 2008 at 9:26 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    It won't work. Most of the big oil companies are shedding their retail stations anyway. They prefer to have them run by distributors. The local station pays Exxon for the right to use their name. The only one you'll really hurt is your local station owner, who operates close to the margin and have little control over the price of gasoline they buy from the refineries.

Locally, what happens is you create higher demand at the other stations which in turn would cause them to increase their price. So if your local Exxon station held their price stable because they're not selling it, their price would look cheap compared to the other stations. The problem is you're not reducing demand. You're only shifting it to a different station.

In addition to that, most gas stations get their gas at the same refinery (Texaco, Exxon, & Shell all get it from the same refinery). The crude they drill goes onto the world market, is bought up and refined (Exxon has made it's profit at this point). Then the Exxon truck pulls up to the common refinery and fills, adding their company's additives to the load. So Exxon would get their money even if you never went to another Exxon station.

Snopes has a good article about it. http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

7. Jun 23, 2008 at 6:36 AM
    ANDYTACOMA

ANDYTACOMA NOMAD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab trd offroad 4x4 black sand pe
    fog light mod /parking light mod /after market stereo /bed lights/yeasu ft8700/uniden bct15
    x2 it will never work

Products Discussed in

To Top