Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I've just been hosed!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
I've just been hosed!!!

Ok, did my first oil change (myself) at 1500 miles, Mobile 1. Now I'm coming up to 5000 mi and was driving by the dealership and thought what the heck, I think I'll stop for the 5000 mile deal. I thought I had a free one coming anyhow. Well, after they were done I was presented with a bill for $96 ... UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Read: NINETY SIX dollars for a fricken oil change. I expected to pay more for synthetic but give me a break.

Appears I don't get the free one until I bring it in for the 15 and 30,000 mile royal screwings!!!

BTW, the stealership charges $12 for a quart of Mobile 1. Fleet Farm had it for 5qts for $22 last weekend.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
So you didn't ask about the price first before bending over for the $tealer?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
Ok, did my first oil change (myself) at 1500 miles, Mobile 1. Now I'm coming up to 5000 mi and was driving by the dealership and thought what the heck, I think I'll stop for the 5000 mile deal. I thought I had a free one coming anyhow. Well, after they were done I was presented with a bill for $96 ... UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Read: NINETY SIX dollars for a fricken oil change. I expected to pay more for synthetic but give me a break.

Appears I don't get the free one until I bring it in for the 15 and 30,000 mile royal screwings!!!

BTW, the stealership charges $12 for a quart of Mobile 1. Fleet Farm had it for 5qts for $22 last weekend.
Yes you were, next time just do it yourself, wow that was harsh.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
bigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the rough
bigguy78619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post

no s*it!!....wow that was a good one!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I did, she didn't know for sure...said it would be "a little higher"

I complained and they just said it is what it is. I won't be going back there anytime soon.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #6

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Yes you were, next time just do it yourself, wow that was harsh.
I usually do! I thought this one was on the house...when I found out it wasn't I figured I was already there, what the heck, how bad could it be.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN!!!!!!! not alot else to say about that one my friend!!

did they even give you a kiss when they were done????
Old 06-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, That sucks!
You> <Dealership
Old 06-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Ha, damn, didn't even get reach around I bet!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
azzurri is on a distinguished road
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
did you at least get the girl at the front receptions number while you were waiting
Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #11
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i've had my last two changes at hte dealer. when i called up there the first time the tech guy said if i wanted synthetic to bring my own cause they charge an arm and a leg for it and its alot cheaper if i just get my own and give it to them
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did, she didn't know for sure...said it would be "a little higher"

I complained and they just said it is what it is. I won't be going back there anytime soon.
If you used a credit card your in business to renegotiate:

Call the stealership and tell them you are dissatisfied with the service and cost of the oil change and try and negotiate a lower price. Tell them you give them like 59 bucks. And you are going to dispute it with the credit card. Saying that the quote given to you was way off and they did not get your approval first is key. They will either give you a credit or if not then go online and dispute the charge on the credit card giving them the details and hope of the best.

I've gotten credit for these types of things before. Good Luck
Old 06-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #13

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
i've had my last two changes at hte dealer. when i called up there the first time the tech guy said if i wanted synthetic to bring my own cause they charge an arm and a leg for it and its alot cheaper if i just get my own and give it to them
Yes, the only thing out of line was the price they charge for the Mobile1 oil. The labor and inspection is $17 and the filter is $5. That's reasonable! With dino oil the whole deal is $30 for their express lube.

I just got screwed on the oil, I WILL bring my own if I ever take it someplace again.....live and learn.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #14
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Wow, That sucks!
You> <Dealership
nagelg,sorry to hear....I bet they said it with a straight face too!

On another note,Toy4life,thats classic^^.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #15
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
what? no birthday discount.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
wow...the guy i go to doesnt even cost that much and it costs me an arm and a leg for labor because of my skids

and i use synthetic too
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #17
AFBombdude is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Giving the enemy a chance to die for his country
AFBombdude's Tacoma Gallery
Ha, old, fat, grey haired guys in my other car club pay $105 for a change. I woulda been pizzed too!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #18
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH, $tealers are $cumbag a$$hole$