Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

US Top Gear Coming

Old 06-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
US Top Gear Coming

I just saw another Top Gear thread and it reminded me...the US is getting a version of Top Gear. The hosts will be Adam Corolla, Eric Stromer, and Tanner Foust. More info here

http://jalopnik.com/5016771/top-gear...-coming-to-nbc
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
gOnedrivIng is on a distinguished road
gOnedrivIng's Tacoma Gallery
Should be interesting! I am a fan of TopGear
Old 06-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Great!

I love Top Gear. I tivo it regularly. I hope the US version is as good as the BBC version.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Great News!! I love Top Gear...

I dunno - something tells me the US version is gonna be kinda lame.

I mean... the Top Gear hosts are great, the stunts/games/ fun stuff they do on the show just wouldn't be legal or approved here in the U.S, and not to mention...the way they talk (references to 'adult' content) just isn't something you see on US TV. Gawd forbid...if you get sued because you offended someone or if your 13 year old child heard it...

When's it officially air?

Gawd, I hope its not lame...
Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Talking Top Gear US = sweet!!!

Yeah!!! That is going to be awesome. Too bad they won't have the cool British accents though.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Great News!! I love Top Gear...

I dunno - something tells me the US version is gonna be kinda lame.

I mean... the Top Gear hosts are great, the stunts/games/ fun stuff they do on the show just wouldn't be legal or approved here in the U.S, and not to mention...the way they talk (references to 'adult' content) just isn't something you see on US TV. Gawd forbid...if you get sued because you offended someone or if your 13 year old child heard it...

When's it officially air?

Gawd, I hope its not lame...
All good and valid points. Besides, most Americans don't get 'dry' humor, and it definitely isn't something Adam Corolla is known for.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
US version is gonna suck, the british version is funny cause of their mannerisms and accents and dry british humor. Adam Carolla's humor is not funny, its just crude un funny fart jokes.... i had enough of his lame ass on the man show. its gonna be terrible. i had heard that Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno were considered to host it since they were both car enthusiasts. now that would probably be pretty funny. i dont even know who the other two guys listed are. anybody know what else i should know them from?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
All good and valid points. Besides, most Americans don't get 'dry' humor, and it definitely isn't something Adam Corolla is known for.
haha, we basically said the same thing. i didnt read the other posts until after i posted, sounds like we both have the same opionon of adam corolla. another thing to mention is the way europeans and americans view and relate to cars. the european concept of cars is more refined than the american concept. an american version will suck ass