1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hardest descion I've ever made :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MAXTacoma, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Sorry bud.

2. Aug 5, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    wvmountaintop

wvmountaintop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hampshire County, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4 Door LB Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Belt Chime Mod, Extra D-Rings under Bed Bolt, ARE MX Topper, Bed Rug
    My heart goes out to you. My pal Rio is 14 and quickly nearing the end of his days so reading this thread brings strong emotions to the surface. I have been facing this same difficult decision for several weeks now and am only waiting till he can no longer get up and out to do his business, he is becoming paralyzed in his hind legs but otherwise appears in no pain. Each day he grows a bit weaker but still eats heartily and participates in our every day as much as he can. Like Lotus he has been loved by all and hasn’t a mean bone in his body. The last few weeks have been tough but I know I owe it to him the do the right thing when it’s time…. A friend recently said to me that he has been a proud and wonderful dog all his life and that I should allow him to go with dignity and without suffering. I think this is good advice…. God Bless you for loving Lotus for all these years, he was a fortunate pup…

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/78119/cat/500][​IMG][/url]

3. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    ^ Agreed you dont want to remember him in pain.

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC BSP 4X4 TRD Off-road
    Stainless Nfab Steps painted black, Acces Tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Weathertech floor mats, EGR slimline visors, Wicked Flow 13 mufflers, ultragauge and 4X4 illuminated switch mod, receiver shackle from Timichi and Redline QL plus hood struts.
    I am so sorry OP, this story just put tears in my eyes. We had three dogs back home when I was a teen. They lived a good life and when one by one they passed away. Two because of old age the last one because he had an ear infection and by the time we got meds running the vets told us it had spread to his brain. He had to be put to sleep in which we had done with heavy hearts. Talk about mourning for a couple of weeks. All our dogs are buried in the nice part of our backyard in the Philippines.

I never was over that loss. Up to now I think of getting a dog for a family pet and everytime I held back thinking about the pain I had. All I can hope for is maybe we would see them again, someday, somewhere, somehow.

5. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I'm sure they are waiting for us on the other side! Tails waging, grining ear to ear. :)

6. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Sorry to hear. You did the right thing.

7. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    Good luck with it, and prayers, man. I can't imagine how hard that's gotta be. I think that Kipling poem said it better than I ever could though.

8. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

just saw this iam sorry Neil

9. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    Sorry to hear about this man, hope all is well!

10. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Stainless Nfab Steps painted black, Acces Tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Weathertech floor mats, EGR slimline visors, Wicked Flow 13 mufflers, ultragauge and 4X4 illuminated switch mod, receiver shackle from Timichi and Redline QL plus hood struts.
    Now you made me cry. Dang it!

I feel better now, thanks man. Hey, you tricked me. This thread is supposed to be us lifting your spirits. It went the other way around:).

Seriously, I did appreciate that OP. Rep up.

11. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    \

I saw this about a month ago somewhere. Probably here on TW. Reading it them was tought and reading it today was even harder. I'm glad you posted this. Thank you!

Glad I could help somewhat! Thanks for the rep, just wish it wasn't in a thread like this.

Thank all of you for your comments and stories they were much needed.

12. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    You might never get over the loss of a pet/beloved friend, but you should get another friend. You have more than one human friend, why not a furry one? You could be giving a dog a home that would otherwise not have one.

Yes, it hurts alot when they leave us, but I don't want to be without one - the way they greet you at the door when you get home, when they pester that it's walk time or food time or play time :eek:

You will see them again... Think I have about a dozen pooches waiting for me :eek:

13. Aug 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Read your post on the loss of a great friend and companion.
    Any of us who have had a pet realize at some time in our lives that we will likely outlive a cherished one. Last fall I put down a great friend and hunting companion. I cried and mourned his loss. My wife who had become his best bud in the last years when he couldn't go with me to the field was devastated as well.
    What I came to realize is I had lost many great companions over the years. Had I not lost them, I would never have met the next great partner. I would never had gotten another pet had the first not left. They will all be waiting for me when I arrive. I am sure to have to explaining to do.
    It's ok to grieve. Cherish all the good times and great companions you have had and the fact that you will have another. They need and love you as much as you love them.
    Ken

14. Aug 6, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:

You know what you are right. Perhaps I was focusing on the pain of our loss and not the joy when they were alive.

I saw people in the park and they got their pet dogs with them and somehow I found myself smiling and saying "come here boy, come here, nice doggy, nice doggy." I picture our dogs in my mind wagging their tails and jumping trying to impress you, lol.

One of these days I might adopt one. My kids will go crazy I'm sure!

Products Discussed in

To Top