1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad customer service

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by AKTacoma, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Aug 7, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    AKTacoma

AKTacoma [OP] Dedicated Crew Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    Alright, I've read through numerous posts of people warning others about don't use these guys for parts, this dealer for service.. customer service ain't what it used to be, people will screw you left and right now without a second thought, or they just don't give a damn what your problem is because you're interrupting their crossword puzzle time at work. I'm interested to see the worst of the worst customer service experiences and stories.. let's hear em!

2. Aug 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    B.P. and their lengthy response to the oil spill......................

3. Aug 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    lol

4. Aug 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    AKTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    :laugh: LOL nice, that's definitely a top of the list one right there!

5. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    AKTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    When shipping my truck to La from Alaska, the place that prepped my truck broke my antenna off. When I dropped my truck off to send it down here, they had my verify everything that was in my truck, anything that they took off on the outside, they put in a box and kept it in the truck. Well by the time i did some paperwork in the main office and went around to the garage where they were prepping my truck, they took off the antenna already. I asked them about it and they told me that they just took it off and put it in the truck. Well I didn't think anything of it, signed the papers and didn't know it was broken until it got to New Orleans. My father in law picked up the truck and told me that the antenna was broken. I didn't know what he was talking about until I looked at the copy of the paper that i had from when they shipped my truck. Of course, the guy wrote that the antenna was broken, didn't bother telling me about it when I specifically asked him about it, and I signed the papers without thinking twice about it.

After contacting the company in AK and our shipping office with the Air Force, I had to take it to a claims adjuster, then to a shop of my choice for an estimate on fixing/replacing the antenna. Well I took it to Toyota to make sure I wasn't getting some ghetto-rigged antenna, and they wrote out the repair quote for parts and labor. Luckily my father in law is a lawyer.. very handy at times!, he looked at everything and said that it looked good and that there shouldn't be any issues. Well after the shipping company got the paperwork from toyota and all, they called me and said that they weren't going to pay to get the antenna replaced because it was an aftermarket antenna. It was the 14" black one that a lot of people use instead of the 31" silver stock antenna.
    After weeks of battling with the Air Force vehicle shipping office and the shipping company in AK, the final verdict was that since it wasn't a stock part that broke or some crap like that, they weren't going to pay to fix it. I was about to just say screw it, I hardly use the radio as it is, I'm not gonna worry about this anymore, when toyota called me and said that they had a whole antenna setup off of a wrecked 96 that would fit my truck. Thinkin that I'd have to pay for the parts, and that I'd just put it all in myself, I went to check it out and probably buy the parts. Well I think he was the service manager, said to hand him my keys and that it was all taken care of. Turns out, the toyota guys down here heard the outcome from the shipping company and decided that they were gonna hook me up, new antenna (to me), and install for free. So all in all toyota def had awesome customer service, but the company in AK SUCKED!! it would be nice if they would've just owned up to their mistake and kept a better reputation with me!

6. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Verizon by far has the worst customer service of any company in the entire world.

7. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    AT&T has to be a close second.

Dumb and Dumber for the biggest wireless carriers. They put you in a closed-loop transfer for the first 30 minutes and hope you just give up. Get names and EE#s if you want any sort of help from most companies.

8. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    fiberwerx...robbed me of $400

9. Nov 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    Highlander60

Highlander60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Had a really bad experience at Roussel Toyota in Mirimachi, NB the past week. Tried to deal on a truck they had on the internet and the sale of my existing truck did not go as planned. I had made a deposit of $500.00 on their truck subject to my selling my truck as planned, which fell through at the price originally agreed. Roussel Toyota then refused to refund my deposit, after only holding the truck 2 days. Pretty bad customer relations in my mind. I had not signed anything or even seen their truck yet, but I guess that's how they deal with customers in Mirimachi. Fred Roussel was then arrogant and smug with me on the phone when he finally did get back to me. I plan on contacting the BBB in NB, Visa, and Toyota Regional Customer Service. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

10. Nov 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    Vidman

Vidman Protected by Glock

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    central Mass
    Vehicle:
    black TRD sport AC
    Not Enough
    X2

Products Discussed in