Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

You've been tagged.....

Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You've been tagged.....

This might be stupid to some and not others.... the offroad club that I used to be highly involved in - we'd put our club business cards on trucks to help advertise and/or get more members online.

When you guys are out & about and you see a tacoma somewhere - are you ever urged to tell them about this site?

Ever thought of dropping a TacomaWorld type business card on their truck and see if they stop in?

Not that it matters - but I think this site is very diverse and would be 'accepting' of everyone who pops in looking for information and help. And I'd be proud to sneak business cards on tacomas when I see 'em.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about it

I'd put a Tacoma World business card on someones windshield, sure.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm one thing i hate is someone putting anything on my truck, usually people will just throw them away but hopefully your idea will work and bring more peeps to the site.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i have some good flyers for this, but it wont let me attach .ppt or .pptx files. if one of the godly mods could add .ppt's and all to the attachable list and up to 200k files, i've got some fairly nice ones that could be posted on boards or put under wipers.....if it gets done, will one of the mods PM me so i can add them? thx
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
I tell people about the site daily, driving around with my TW sticker.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
what I do, I find a tacoma driving down the road. I cut them off and then slam on my brakes. They're almost guaranteed to read that TW sticker on my rear window.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i have some good flyers for this, but it wont let me attach .ppt or .pptx files. if one of the godly mods could add .ppt's and all to the attachable list and up to 200k files, i've got some fairly nice ones that could be posted on boards or put under wipers.....if it gets done, will one of the mods PM me so i can add them? thx
PPt's and pptx's?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
Western Alliance
bauermike is on a distinguished road

Army: 25th Inf Div STRYKER, 10th Mountain DIV
bauermike's Tacoma Gallery
I got "Tacomaworld" Tattooed on my middle finger, and I speed up to other Tacomas and flip them off. They are mad for a second, but when they realize I had just invited them to the most exclusive club on the net, they SMILE!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Western Alliance
bauermike is on a distinguished road

Army: 25th Inf Div STRYKER, 10th Mountain DIV
bauermike's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have actually told people regularly about this forum. As a matter of fact, I spent an extra hour at Bass Pro Shop last weekend talking to a guy about his 1st Gen Tacoma. When I told him about the deckplate mod, his eyes lit up like the high beams on the Baja Trucks... He loves his truck more than I love mine!

So, I took one of his cards and he wrote down the stuff I was looking at, and I wrote down my the URL for TW, and gave him my screenname...

Haven't seen him on here yet, but then again I haven't exactly met EVERYONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
This might be stupid to some and not others.... the offroad club that I used to be highly involved in - we'd put our club business cards on trucks to help advertise and/or get more members online.

When you guys are out & about and you see a tacoma somewhere - are you ever urged to tell them about this site?

Ever thought of dropping a TacomaWorld type business card on their truck and see if they stop in?

Not that it matters - but I think this site is very diverse and would be 'accepting' of everyone who pops in looking for information and help. And I'd be proud to sneak business cards on tacomas when I see 'em.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I notify people regularly. Especially at the dealerships. One salesman is a visitor but hasn't signed up yet. He says he has learned more here than at work.
I got some body like that at North Park Toyota. Oh, and I told my friend Todd at http://www.dieseltoyz.com. I will be at his place tomorrow cutting into the radiator support for my new URD TCAI! That is if I can get past being sick as a dog...
Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
PPT's are power point. .doc or .pdf would be better.

I've thought about doing it, but I see them mostly while driving. And the people I do see driving don't seem like the type to do anything with their truck. (ie, past retirement age, or bone stock truck without even any "normal" accessories)
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
PPT's are power point. .doc or .pdf would be better.

I've thought about doing it, but I see them mostly while driving. And the people I do see driving don't seem like the type to do anything with their truck. (ie, past retirement age, or bone stock truck without even any "normal" accessories)
I can store stuff on my website if needed - and offer up the link for downloading. I'd be tempted to make a business card Ad somehow. But - time is limited for me right now...

Same here about the 'old timers' and such. But hey, you don't know unless you try. Perhaps someone would stop in just for the sake of something to do and they might find a *new meaning* to enjoying their daily driver vehicle.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
I can store stuff on my website if needed - and offer up the link for downloading. I'd be tempted to make a business card Ad somehow. But - time is limited for me right now...

Same here about the 'old timers' and such. But hey, you don't know unless you try. Perhaps someone would stop in just for the sake of something to do and they might find a *new meaning* to enjoying their daily driver vehicle.
lol I'm not trying to say older people shouldn't or wouldn't want to join, but the people I see can barely see over the steering wheel. Or sit so far forward it makes you wonder if they can see the road. So doing mods would be out of the question I think. More likely they got a larger vehicle to be "safer" in when they inevitably crash. I mean people that look like they're in their 70s or 80s and don't look/feel like 50's....

Not too many younger people driving them, and fewer women around here. I'm the only one around here with BHLM, lift, DTRLs, alternating turn signals, etc, and no one has ever walked up to me and asked about them.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #16
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
lol I'm not trying to say older people shouldn't or wouldn't want to join, but the people I see can barely see over the steering wheel. Or sit so far forward it makes you wonder if they can see the road. So doing mods would be out of the question I think. More likely they got a larger vehicle to be "safer" in when they inevitably crash. I mean people that look like they're in their 70s or 80s and don't look/feel like 50's....

Not too many younger people driving them, and fewer women around here. I'm the only one around here with BHLM, lift, DTRLs, alternating turn signals, etc, and no one has ever walked up to me and asked about them.
Not that I get out much.... But I know a couple guys at work that have 'em. A couple other trucks parked at work (big factory) but don't know who they are, and from time to time I'll park near one when I'm at the mall (laugh). So - I'd be tempted just to slap a card on there anyways.

I see a lot of older folks driving 'em around here also. And paticularly in mini's.....

A couple years back - I put a club (offroad club) business card on a Jeep Rubicon while I was at BJ's. And the guy -totally white haired 60 year old man - has been out on the trails with the club ever since and absolutely LOVES it. Who would've thought?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And the guy -totally white haired 60 year old man - has been out on the trails with the club ever since and absolutely LOVES it. Who would've thought?
what was an old guy doing driving in the first place???
Old 06-28-2008, 04:19 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
what was an old guy doing driving in the first place???
Ahhh...60 ain't that old! Heck...my Dad is 75 and he drives his Goldwing (with ma on the back) from VA to UT and all around the countryside.

I hope to gawd I have that kinda spunk & energy when I'm 75!!!
Damn retired people get to do all the fun stuff!!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #19
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Ahhh...60 ain't that old! Heck...my Dad is 75 and he drives his Goldwing (with ma on the back) from VA to UT and all around the countryside.

I hope to gawd I have that kinda spunk & energy when I'm 75!!!
Damn retired people get to do all the fun stuff!!
Fock - I have a new hero, and it's your dad!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #20
I dub thee malicious!

So, I stopped a guy at Shell yesterday named Wes. After asking him about his sweet truck (which I forgot to ask about his bed rack ), I told him all about TW! I am a TW whore.

(Janster, I blame you. )