1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

8 people shot 4 fatal in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mntbiker2008, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    Makes me wonder where this country has gone. :( never had to worry about this a long time ago. Sad to hear. Sadly, the justice system is so fucked up these days that the bastard that killed/wounded these innocent people might get out of the slammer in 20 years. :frusty:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100815/ap_on_re_us/us_buffalo_shooting

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Eight people leaving a party at a downtown Buffalo restaurant were shot early Saturday, four of them fatally, including a Texas man who had returned to his hometown to celebrate his first wedding anniversary, police said.
    Managers had decided to close the City Grill in the city's business district after an altercation inside. The victims were leaving at about 2:30 a.m. when a man who had been inside began shooting, police said.
    "There were verbal things going on. Management apparently chose to close down and have everybody leave the restaurant," Chief of Detectives Dennis Richards said. "People were leaving when this shooting happened."
    Keith Johnson, 25, of Buffalo was charged Saturday afternoon with four counts of second-degree murder and could face more charges. Johnson was in custody late Saturday afternoon and unavailable for comment.
    Police didn't know whether Johnson was involved in the earlier altercation and asked witnesses to speak up.
    "We need people to come forward," said Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda, who estimated there were 100 people at the scene when police arrived.
    The group was attending a party in advance of a more formal anniversary celebration scheduled for later Saturday, authorities said. The couple, Danyell Mackin, 30, and his wife, Tanisha, married in Texas a year ago and had returned to celebrate with Buffalo-area friends and family, authorities said. Tanisha Mackin was not hurt.

2. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I just things are going to get worse..............My feeling is that their is allot more on pressure on people b/c of the economy and they seem to just snap after awhile................

3. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    yeah. thats most likely what it is. Sucks that it has gotten this way.

4. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    AKTacoma

AKTacoma Dedicated Crew Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    Good grief... what the hell is wrong with people?!?! Prayers and support for the friends and families of those hurt and killed in this despicable act of cowardliness:pray:

5. Aug 15, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
  6. Aug 15, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    In July 2010, The Second Amendment Foundation filed a lawsuit which seeks to change New York law so that average citizens may conceal carry for their protection against this kind of violence. http://www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=331

7. Aug 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Follow up...

Charges may be dropped in homicide

Wrong man arrested?

Updated: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
    Published : Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 12:17 AM EDT
    Buffalo, N.Y. (WIVB) - Authorities very close to the investigation say a prosecutor with the Erie County District Attorney's office is expected to appear in Buffalo City Court Sunday morning.

News 4 Buffalo's Senior Correspondent Rich Newberg has learned that the hearing will be held to drop the charges against Keith Johnson. Johnson was arrested on Saturday afternoon and charged with 4 counts of 2nd degree murder for a deadly shooting at City Grille restaurant in downtown Buffalo early Saturday morning. 4 were killed and 4 more injured critically.
    Newberg has learned that evidence from the surveillance cameras may have exonerated Johnson.
    New developments in the case surfaced late Saturday night, and the District Attorney's office is reevaluating the arrest of Johnson.
    Copyright WIVB.com

8. Aug 15, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top