Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Jeep wrangler

Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
rab44 will become famous soon enoughrab44 will become famous soon enough
rab44's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep wrangler

Went with a buddy saturday hes thinking about buying a wrangler .My god are they pricey for what you get . I told him you can get a toy trd offroad for that kind of cash just cant tell some guys.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Overpriced Dodge junk.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
rab44's Tacoma Gallery
Over priced that thing was almost 30 grand
Old 08-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I always loved Jeep's, and I would have considered buying one of the new 4 door versions, if the prices on them weren't so damn high.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
rab44's Tacoma Gallery
I never thought they were that expensive i was thinking around 22 grand for a two door. When i seen that price i almost sh** my self. They are cool looking but not that cool. The big problem is resale i dont know how they hold there value.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
diggerbuzz will become famous soon enoughdiggerbuzz will become famous soon enough
Name: buzz
diggerbuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I traded a 08 wrangler rubicon for my dc trd off road due to needing more room for the kid. I miss the rubi though that thing would go anywhere. I had 4inch suspension lift and 33 inch mickythompson mtx tires and with the front and rear lockers it was awsome. I like my taco but miss the jeep. Mine was around 32000 with all the options they offered. tell your buddy if he has kids to go for the unlimited 4 door
Old 08-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Factory SFA + Lockers is a win in my book. Just get one that's a little older.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
rab44's Tacoma Gallery
He was looking at a sahara i dont think it had lockers it did have a hard top.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Then he was looking at the wrong one.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #11
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
#1: Don't buy a Jeep if it's not a rubicon.

#2: Don't buy a new Jeep. Way too overpriced.

#3: Don't buy a Jeep as a daily driver.

#4: Don't buy a Jeep.

#5: If you ignore #4, Just Expect Every Problem and Just Empty Every Pocket.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
If I had Jay Leno money, I'd get a 4 door unlimited and put one of the Hemi V8 conversions in it. The 3.7 in it stock is worthless.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #13
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny View Post
I drove a Wrangler before I bought my Tacoma... I owned a '99 Tacoma a few years ago and I figured the new Tacoma would be just as reliable, but so far the engine ticks like a 20 year old truck, the transmission shifts like crap, I get extreme wheel hop if the truck even thinks about losing traction, the paint chips very easily and rusts a minute after, and I've had to have the clutch pressure plate replaced (thank god the powertrain warranty came through).

I dunno, I like the idea of a Tacoma.. but I really dont think I'll buy one ever again. I've promised myself the next vehicle I get will be pre-1980s.
Good luck with that.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:36 AM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
#1: Don't buy a Jeep if it's not a rubicon.

#4: Don't buy a Jeep.

#5: If you ignore #4, Just Expect Every Problem and Just Empty Every Pocket.
well put. at $37k for a 4 door rubicon it better/should have a hemi
Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #15
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
4WD shoppers...

If you want a Jeep, get the Rubicon... and start saving for repairs.

If you want a Toyota, get the Off Road Tacoma... and start saving for vacations!

The Rubicon has front and rear lockers. The Off Road Tacoma has A-TRAC (for front and rear locker traction) and a Rear Locker, as well... but most importantly it has quality and keeps going and going!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #16
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab44 View Post
I never thought they were that expensive i was thinking around 22 grand for a two door. When i seen that price i almost sh** my self. They are cool looking but not that cool. The big problem is resale i dont know how they hold there value.

They actually hold their value very well, way better than any other Jeep product.

A Wrangler would be a blast but not as a daily driver. Buying a niced used one for an extra vehicle would be the way to go.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab44 View Post
Went with a buddy saturday hes thinking about buying a wrangler .My god are they pricey for what you get . I told him you can get a toy trd offroad for that kind of cash just cant tell some guys.
I used to own one... am looking for a long term vehicle and like the 4 door model - but will pass for two reasons:

1. poor quality
2. very expensive for such poor quality.

my buddy even owns a dealership... in fact, he owns many, including a Nissan AND a Jeep... I'm still passing on both those and sticking with Toyota.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #18
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny View Post
I drove a Wrangler before I bought my Tacoma... I owned a '99 Tacoma a few years ago and I figured the new Tacoma would be just as reliable, but so far the engine ticks like a 20 year old truck, the transmission shifts like crap, I get extreme wheel hop if the truck even thinks about losing traction, the paint chips very easily and rusts a minute after, and I've had to have the clutch pressure plate replaced (thank god the powertrain warranty came through).

I dunno, I like the idea of a Tacoma.. but I really dont think I'll buy one ever again. I've promised myself the next vehicle I get will be pre-1980s.

you're BY FAR the exception... not the rule. i've owned three toyotas near that year and not had one of the problems you mention. they'll far outlast a wrangler.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
#1: Don't buy a Jeep rubicon.

#4: Don't buy a Jeep Rubicon

#5: If you ignore #4,.
Fixed it for you.

Jeep Rubicons are over-rated. You can take a YJ (or older TJ) and slap in Dana 44's with better gearing, ARB's and an Atlas tranfer case and have a FAR superior rig than a Rubicon and for the same price.

Rubicons are for people who are too damn lazy to build their own rock crawler.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Fixed it for you.

Jeep Rubicons are over-rated. You can take a YJ (or older TJ) and slap in Dana 44's with better gearing, ARB's and an Atlas tranfer case and have a FAR superior rig than a Rubicon and for the same price.

Rubicons are for people who are too damn lazy to build their own rock crawler.
or maybe people who don't want to have to mess around with all that... and spend all the time and money... nothing to do with lazy. not everyone actually drives the rubicon.