Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Search the site!! Search search search!!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Search the site!! Search search search!!

Hey Gang,

The SEARCH feature on this forum is VERY helpful! It's located in the upper blue bar towards the right. Click on it and start typing words. It's super easy to use and if you try different words, it'll change the results.

Also, another place to search is www.google.com
Very easy to use and you'll get information from other forums as well as links from this forum also. The internet is FULL of information and 99% of the questions you have, have already been answered and are documented online somewhere.

So, consider this a subtle reminder to SEARCH before posting new threads.

If you're having trouble using the search feature or how to search on google (or whatever) and otherwise not sure who to ask - FEEL FREE to send me an e-mail or Private massage. I'll be happy to help.
jandy@lieblweb.com

THanks!!
Happy Searching!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Hey Gang,

The SEARCH feature on this forum is VERY helpful! It's located in the upper blue bar towards the right. Click on it and start typing words. It's super easy to use and if you try different words, it'll change the results.

Also, another place to search is www.google.com
Very easy to use and you'll get information from other forums as well as links from this forum also. The internet is FULL of information and 99% of the questions you have, have already been answered and are documented online somewhere.

So, consider this a subtle reminder to SEARCH before posting new threads.

If you're having trouble using the search feature or how to search on google (or whatever) and otherwise not sure who to ask - FEEL FREE to send me an e-mail or Private massage. I'll be happy to help.
jandy@lieblweb.com

THanks!!
Happy Searching!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
repost.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
So will a throttle body spacer help my mileage and performance? What kind of lifts are out there? What is that maintenance required light for? What TSBs are out there? What cold air intake will help the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
repost.
Sadly no matter how many times it is reposted it is still rarely used.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
So will a throttle body spacer help my mileage and performance? What kind of lifts are out there? What is that maintenance required light for? What TSBs are out there?
You forgot best oil/tires.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really care, I like to read stuff. Repost or not. I'm guilty of a repost or 2. Which I'm sure everyone is on here. Why go to Google when you have experts on here to ask?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Is that what that is for.... Well I'll be.....
Old 08-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, Janster, I thought you were a human encyclopedia with a full salary from TW. Are you implying that you aren't?

What's the google?

And while we're flogging away at it, what's punctuation? (Oops, accidentally used some! My bad!)

And is 2nd gen the only category to post anything in?

Do these wheels look good?

If a train leaves Chicago at 2 p.m. travelling 60 mph...
Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
printman2000 is on a distinguished road
printman2000's Tacoma Gallery
I reported in the main search thread that the use of quotes around a search item does not seem to work on these forums. So to do any sort of phrase search you must use Google.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #10
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
A few thoughts

1.) Although I do agree with the search first method. Most of the time the search brings back useless info...

2.) Remember at some point we were all asking those questions too

3.) I think you should have searched first too because I'm pretty sure this has been covered.

4.) If you don't like the thread title you can just skip over it, and "search" for what you want to read about.

5.) About 99% of people are doing the same types of mods and have the same technical problems so it is inevitable that topics are going to get covered more that once.

Cheers!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I've used the forum search with no problems. Usually I can figure out what I need to know I just have to go threw a few threads. Part of the reason for this thread is because noobs get pissed off and start talking crap when no one helps them with their thread about something that has been answered 34927087893 times before.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
where is this search feature?i've searched for it and cant find it.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Do these pants make my arse look big?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #14
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
lol.....Janster has lost it.

They know it's there, they are too lazy to spend a little time looking through the search results.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I've used the forum search with no problems. Usually I can figure out what I need to know I just have to go threw a few threads. Part of the reason for this thread is because noobs get pissed off and start talking crap when no one helps them with their thread about something that has been answered 34927087893 times before.
I can understand that. Just don't read those. Or its fun to mess with them. Like T-Murda if you remeber that one! LOL just thinking of it
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php!!!!!

Edit - maybe we should put a sticky for the search thread in each forum. So for instance, when someone clicks on '2nd Gen Tacoms' a link for the search option is a sticky at the top of the page.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #17
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
If you have any stupid questions, just click here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=1062530
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Or when you try to start a new thread have something pop up:

"Have you searched the site first?"

"Are you sure you really want to post this"

Then if they answer yes to both they can post their new thread
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #19
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I can care less how many times something gets posted. Remember some people are just getting on and need the help from older members. I don't really care how many times a topic gets posted.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #20
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
What's the google?