1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Egg recall list expands. Check your eggs again.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by surfsupl, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aug 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/n...gg-recall-list-expands.-Check-your-eggs-again

The Iowa company responsible for a nationwide egg recall has dramatically expanded it, including new plants and eggs sold through Aug. 17. Federal officials warn they could be contaminated with salmonella.
    Skip to next paragraph

Recent posts

Related Stories

Even if consumers have already checked their eggs based on the original egg recall list, officials at Wright County Egg suggest looking again. One end of each egg carton is stamped with a number starting with a P (which stands for plant). If the number on your carton is P1720 or P1942, look carefully at the three-digit number that typically follows it.
    If that number falls within the range of 136 to 229, the eggs are part of the recall. (The numbers represent dates: The 136th day of the year was May 16; the 229th was Aug. 17.)
    IN PICTURES: Controversial foods
    If you're checking eggs for the first time, also look for these plant numbers from the original recall: P1026, P1413, and P1946. That recall involved date numbers 136 to 225 (May 16 to Aug. 13). (See the Monitor's original story on the egg recall for more details.)
    Company officials urge consumers to take any recalled cartons and eggs back to the store for a full refund.
    Wednesday's announcement by Wright County Egg, based in Galt, Iowa, represents a large expansion from the original recall, reportedly involving 380 million eggs, up from 228 million originally. Of course, most of those eggs were consumed long ago. Only shell eggs from Wright are being recalled, not its other products.
    "Our primary concern is keeping Salmonella out of the food supply and away from consumers," the company said in its statement Wednesday. "As a precautionary measure, Wright County Egg also has decided to divert its existing inventory of shell eggs from the recalled plants to a breaker, where they will be pasteurized to kill any Salmonella bacteria present."
    For more information, consumers can go online to the Egg Safety Center (www.eggsafety.org) or call Wright County’s toll-free information line: 866-272-5582, which contains a message with recall instructions for consumers.

2. Aug 20, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    I say just chillout on eating eggs for a bit... Remember when the spinach was all fucked up 2 years ago? Same deal. Shit went away after a month.

3. Aug 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I get mine locally.

4. Aug 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I just bought some eggs today! Darrenkamps brand....(local market).
    Everything else was removed from the shelves.

5. Aug 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    I just ate a breakfast burrito :eek:

6. Aug 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    Not to be an idiot but how does that shit get into an egg? I thoght all chicken meat had salmonella in it if not handled and prepared properly. Therefore wouldnt all eggs too???

Products Discussed in

To Top