1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tacoma is in a Magazine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Sep 1, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    It's funny that these common sense tips are a part of Warren Buffet's strategy for success.

Congrats on being featured in an article and good luck with your business.

2. Sep 1, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare [OP] Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Thanks so much for your advice and with that I have a little for you. Certainly get a website up as soon as convenient and make sure to search engine optimize it for your local area. For example Google "Fleming Island Lawn Care" and see who's first:D. I get most of my clients from my website excluding word of mouth.

3. Sep 1, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Haha. Those are from my personal experience and what my parents told me.

Thanks and thanks:)

4. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Props to you Jason, I feel like I am pulling teeth to get my 17 year old to get a job. :goingcrazy:

5. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I'm very small right now just doing it as a side business, only 8 clients. I will probably do the website myself since I built a few back in high school and built one in one of my MIS classes in college. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to that stuff since my main job involves building, maintaining, and querying databases and doing data analysis. If it gets too overwhelming for me, I have a buddy I went to high school with who does graphic design and web design for a living.

I can understand the hesitation about the email address. You should be able to setup some "rules" to forward emails and even send auto-replys notifying customers of an email change. I'm sure your dad knows how to do that. I think in the long run it will look more professional.

I actually always mow, edge, trim, blow and refuse to do anything less. If someone asks me not to, I will explain to them why I won't and that my standard price includes those services and nothing less.

I'm on lawnsite under magyver_ga. I don't post much just mainly lurk.

Any ambitions to get into fert & squirt?

6. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Well then I say you have the website construction handled. haha.

99% of the time I do everything but just recently I had a specific request to just mow and blow. Usually I wouldn't do it but I have a client just across the street that I do so it's easy enough to just drive the mower 20 ft and cut theirs to. They said they like yard work just don't have the time with work and all.

With the current stage of the business and in my life I'm not too interested in the fertilizing and such. I'd prefer to just keep it simple for now. When people inquire about it I usually refer them to the people we have doing our house.

7. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. I guess give him some sort of incentive idk. Maybe make him pay x amount for his car or something along those lines.

8. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    macgyver

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    I hear you. It seems to be a pretty profitable business though. Who does your house?

9. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Oh for sure. Lawn Star. Decent service and price. Then I recommend Middleton if the customer is looking for really good service and doesn't mind spending the extra $.

10. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    macgyver

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    Cool thanks. I will ask my dad who he uses on his. I will also recommend you to him. He travels a lot and sometimes he's gone for two weeks at a time and isn't able to cut the grass weekly like it needs.

11. Sep 1, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Out here, it's $80/mo for mow and blow. They'll usually fertilize once a season in addition to pulling weeds in all the beds.

Products Discussed in

To Top