Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

prevent stolen cats

Old 07-03-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
prevent stolen cats

whats up everyone i got my catalytic converters stolen last weekend and its goin to cost me well my insurance company $2642 but i have to pay 500 deductable i was just wondering what you some people here are doing to prevent this?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Thats bad news man, i saw another thread about this about 2 weeks ago, maybe a kind of a skid plate could be helpful....
Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousfernando View Post
whats up everyone i got my catalytic converters stolen last weekend and its goin to cost me well my insurance company $2642 but i have to pay 500 deductable i was just wondering what you some people here are doing to prevent this?
I dont understand why this wouldnt fall under "comprehensive" with no deductible! How did they classify this?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, people are starting to do skid plates over their gas tanks and cats.

Best prevention is not having them. I've been tempted to get the URD y-pipe and keeping my stock y-pipe in the garage for emissions inspections
Old 07-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I dont understand why this wouldnt fall under "comprehensive" with no deductible! How did they classify this?
im not sure the paper say comprehensive and next to it says theft
Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

Best prevention is not having them. I've been tempted to get the URD y-pipe and keeping my stock y-pipe in the garage for emissions inspections
thats a good idea but those urd y- pipes are kind of spendy
Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:

I am leaning that way myself. As for the tank, I may wait until I get my secondary tank installed before dicking around with a skid plate for that. All of that is after the alarm system...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation

Are they giving you a check?

If so I would just buy a Y-pipe or Pipe Bomb, and use the rest of the cash for some cool mods for your truck. I would never spend that kind of cash on some Useless cats. No matter what you do, if a thief wants it bad enough he can get it, or even damage your stuff out of fustration.

Loose the Cats and end the headache...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma came with part theft insurance, exterior parts such as mirrors, mudflaps, wheels, etc has 40% off at the dealership if stolen, interior parts you pay about 5% deductible iirc of the parts stolen, but you have to show them police reports and stuff....
Old 07-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im not sure the paper say comprehensive and next to it says theft
If it falls under comprehensive you shouldnt have to pay a deductible.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #11
Quote:
hmmm ill have to look into that thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
My Tacoma came with part theft insurance, exterior parts such as mirrors, mudflaps, wheels, etc has 40% off at the dealership if stolen, interior parts you pay about 5% deductible iirc of the parts stolen, but you have to show them police reports and stuff....
really? is that through your car insurance or the dealership?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Are they giving you a check?

If so I would just buy a Y-pipe or Pipe Bomb, and use the rest of the cash for some cool mods for your truck. I would never spend that kind of cash on some Useless cats. No matter what you do, if a thief wants it bad enough he can get it, or even damage your stuff out of fustration.

Loose the Cats and end the headache...
yeah they wrote me a check. and yeah i agrea if they want it they will get it but if you can slow them down a little and they make some loud noise in the process maybe you can catch them. and to me the cats are useless but DEQ says you have to have it
Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah they wrote me a check. and yeah i agrea if they want it they will get it but if you can slow them down a little and they make some loud noise in the process maybe you can catch them. and to me the cats are useless but DEQ says you have to have it
have some straight pipes welded where your cats used to be. Save the money until you need to have your emissions checked.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #15
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Your truck wont throw a CEL, so unless they physically check for cats your emmissions check would be a Go...

Well, good luck with that.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
Quote:
have some straight pipes welded where your cats used to be. Save the money until you need to have your emissions checked.
no exhaust shop would do that i guess its ilegal but i might look into that urd ypipe how much do those run by the way and do the 02 sensors conect to them
Old 07-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Your truck wont throw a CEL, so unless they physically check for cats your emmissions check would be a Go...

Well, good luck with that.
thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #18
lakewoodbilly will become famous soon enoughlakewoodbilly will become famous soon enough

Name: Bill
lakewoodbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to lakewoodbilly
Quote:
Most people save money on their insurance rates by paying a deductable on comprehensive claims similar to collision claims. I have always had a small deductible of $100 on all comprehensive coverage. Some insurance companies won't offer no-deductible rates for comp and collision based on type of vehicle and/or driver and location.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #19
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
whats up everyone i got my catalytic converters stolen last weekend
How did they remove them and where was the truck parked when they were stolen?
Old 07-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometKat View Post
How did they remove them and where was the truck parked when they were stolen?
they just unbolted it. i was parked in my appatment complex parking lot